16

WANG JUNKAI'S POV

"But if we put this formation, then out plan won't work !" Said general Chu.

"Yes, but without this formation our defenses are terribly weak !" General Li refused.

"What do you think Your Majesty ?" General Kai asked me.

"I want to prevent as much death as possible, we'll still use this formation." I said.

"But, Your Majesty-" General Chi tried to refute but,

"No buts, my desicion is final. We'll change our plan, we still have time." I cut him off.

"Yes Your Majesty." Said all the generals in sync

I decided to walk out the tent to get some fresh air. My thoughts flew, thinking of how to win this war and save as much lives as possible. Then I saw a figure riding a horse, coming this way. At first, I couldn't make of who she, yes it was a girl was. But after she got closer, I immediately recognized her.

Yuxi, Zhang Yuxi

She rode her horse swiftly and smoothly like the pro she was. As soon as she was in front of me, she stopped her horse and landed with ease. I just stood there, doing nothing, collecting my thoughts as it suddenly went blank.

Noticing my sudden silent, she squeezed my shoulder harshly and said, "this is not time to be worried with personal affairs, Your Majesty. We have to focus and I have a plan."

Your Majesty ? Since when did our relationship became so formal ? But, she's right, there really was no time to dilly dally.

"What's your plan ?" I asked her

Instead of answering me, she grabbed my arm and pulled me to my tent. When she wanted to enter the tent, the two guards blocked her way. She tried to ask them to dismiss, but it didn't work. I guess the guards were trained well. Giving up, she sighed and turned to me.

"Dismiss your guards, I need to talk to you in private." She said.

I just gave them a nod. But their suprised looks, I could tell that they were shocked. Probably wondering why their emperor was listening to the girl in front of them. When they walked away, she gave them a 'hah,I win !' smirk. Well, at least she wasn't that cold anymore.

ZHANG YUXI'S POV

I went inside the tent, followed by Junkai. I turned around to look at him. He seemed worried, so I decided to light up his mood.

"Why don't your guards know me, Your Majesty ?" I teased him in a formal manner.

I knew clearly what the answer was. People knew about title '女王', but most people have never even met. The dangers usually happen inside the castle walls, where Junkai was, and usually Junkai tend to be alone or at the 7 clouds pavilion with me.

"You know why, don't you , the almighty女王." He teased back.

Well, at least his mood was better. But, I don't like the way he called me 女王. I'm not used to it and it sounded so formal.

"Well, Your Majesty. I don't." I answered back, not wanting to lose.

"女王, we're in the midst of war. Like you said, we should focus." He said.

Even though he smiled at me, I could hear the seriousness in this tone. He was right. How could I've got distracted ?

"Y-yes, sorry your Majesty." Embarrassed, I stuttered.

"Don't call me that Yunxi." He said.

I did nothing to respond him and just let looked at him. As the tension became akward, he cleared his throat, somehow signaling me to do something. I didn't get it, so I just gave him a confused look as I slightly tilt my head to the side.

In return he gave me a sighing look before saying "your plan ?" as I have him an 'o, I see!' face to his hint.

"Right my plan," I started "this matter is personal, is it not ? He just wants the throne, which means what he actually needs to is just deal with you and only you. If you die, as next to kin, he will ascend the throne since you don't have any offsprings. At least not yet, I'm not cursing you, ok ?"

"What are you suggesting ?" He sighed to my slightly bended explanation.

"We fight him, just the two of us" I shot him a determined look.

"What makes you so sure Wang Yuan will agree ?" He asked.

"To be honest, I'm not sure if he will agree or not. But this is our only way. We have to try ! " I said

He smiled and patted my head, "it looks like my 女王 has grown."

"Does this mean you agree ?" I asked, trying to avoid the matter he was talking about.

"Do I have a choice ?" He asked.

I smiled while shaking my head slowly, "I guess not"

"I'll go tell your generals" I said while heading to the door.

But Junkai stopped me in my track by gripping my hand and said, " I don't advise to you."

"Huh ? Why not ?"

"Like you said, we're not sure if Wang Yuan will agree to this. It's better to have backup if this fails."

"So you don't want your generals to know ?"

"Just tell them we will bargain with Yuan and be ready if we fail."

"We won't tell them what we're gonna bargain ?"

"No, they'll get involved and get hurt for nothing."

"Alright then" I said then head out the tent with Junkai.

As we walked to the main tent, I stiffened myself, because I knew I couldn't be so carefree with them like I was with Junkai. I don't even know if they even know me. How would they think of me? Will they like me ?

When we arrived in front of the tent, I took a deep breath as I ready myself. Realizing my nervousness, Junkai held my hand. Somehow his grip felt warm, like it's giving me energy. With this motion, I could tell he wanted to help me feel better. So I just looked at him and nod.

Here we go...

°✧*。~°~。*✧°