Naruto x reader (3/3)

Minato's POV
Let me tell you what I wish I'd known
When I was young and dreamed of glory
You have no control

I held an arm over my son's shoulders as I told him something important that I wanted him to know now when we can see each other again...

Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

We watched as Y/n searched through Naruto's papers and letters he had written. She let out some tears as she read a love letter he had written her years ago

Sai:
I'll give him this: his financial system is a work of genius
I couldn't undo it if I tried
And I've tried

We watched as everyone stood around Naruto's grave, I felt Naruto shake as they all told what they had to say...

Shikamaru:
He took our country from bankruptcy to prosperity
I hate to admit it
But he doesn't get enough credit for all the credit he gave us

Hinata:
Every other founding father's story gets told
Every other founding father gets to grow old

Everyone but Sasuke has left, he stared at the grave, tears making their way to the corner of his eyes. I hugged Naruto closer as Kushina showed up on his other side. We smiled down at our son that smiled back.

Sasuke:
And when you're gone, who remembers your name?
Who keeps your flame?
Who tells your story?

Y/n's POV
I put myself back in the narrative

It has been a year or so since my two sisters Hinata and Hanabi died. I sat in the grass by their graves as I cried silently.

I stop wasting time on tears
I live another fifty years
It's not enough

I had moved from my sister's graves to Naruto's that was beside Hinata's. I smiled down at the letter in my hand as I stroke his gravestone "Love you, Naruto"

I interview every soldier who fought by your side

I walked past some of mine and Naruto's friends that had fought by his side at the Ninja War 4. I glanced at them and they smiled back at me "Thanks guys" I said before leaving.

I try to make sense of your thousands of pages of writings
You really do write like you're running out of time

I was in his office, looking through his papers and letters. I smiled and looked at the bookshelf to reveal a shadow that looked like Hinata...

I rely on Hinata
While she's alive we tell your story
She is buried in Trinity Church near you
When I needed her most, she was right on time

I smiled sadly at the memory at her funeral and how much I cried by her grave for days. I sighed and looked out the window, up at the night sky...

And I'm still not through
I ask myself, what would you do if you had more time

I held my heart when I felt hands on my shoulders, I looked behind me and saw Boruto and Himawari. I smiled and hugged them as we looked up at the sky...

And when my time is up, have I done enough?
Will they tell your story?

It has been more years and I have become more of an "old" lady but that didn't stop me. I smiled as I watched ten kids jump and smile when they saw me...

Oh. Can I show you what I'm proudest of?
I establish the first private orphanage in Hidden leaf village

I lead all the children into the orphanage, I sat down the two girls in my hands on their feet and they walked away.

I help to raise hundreds of children
I get to see them growing up

I helped the children there to write, play instruments, sing, cook, you name it. And I loved to see them get new family's or grow up to become good adults and get a chance to restart their lives...

In their eyes, I see you, Naruto
I see you every time

I read a story for all the children, I looked into their eyes and saw the same fire in their eyes like Naruto had when he was here...

And when my time is up
Have I done enough?
Will they tell your story?

I walked out of the children's room after I had taken them to bed. I sighed as tears started to fall. I leaned against the door and slide down so I sat down... thinking if I had done enough for these children...

Oh, I can't wait to see you again
It's only a matter of time

I laid in my deathbed, coughing, Boruto and Hima stood by my side as they cried silently, holding my hand and hug me the last time "Mom" Boruto whispered and I smiled up at him, he had just become the strongest ninja alive and Hima had become a teacher at the Ninja Academy. I held a hand each on their cheeks "Your father... and I am very proud of you both, never forget that we... love you... both" I said before everything got dark and my body got limp.

Will they tell your story?
Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

I woke up to see everything was bright, I saw nothing until I saw so many familiar faces, all my friends and relatives that had died were in front of me. I smiled and my eyes widen when I saw Naruto's face. He held out his arm and I started to cry...

Will they tell your story?
Who lives, who dies who tells your story?

I held him close to me, no one saying a word, all the others just smiled at us before disappearing once again "I've missed you" I said and hugged him slighter if that was possible "I've missed you too" he said and God what I had missed his voice.
We pulled away and looked into each other's eyes as we smiled "I love you" I held his hands in mine.
"I love you too, my sunshine"