Shikamaru x reader

Y/n watched her crush and best friend as they all walked around Konoha.
"Hm, Shikamaru and Temari look so happy," Tenten said as she walked beside Y/n, Hinata, and Sakura.

"Yeah, I have never seen Temari so happy before, what about you, Y/n? After all, you have known her the longest" Sakura asked, looking at the h/c haired girl that looked down at her feet in sadness "Yeah...never seen her this happy" she mumbled and sighed. Tenten held a hand on her shoulder caused Y/n to look up.

"What's wrong, Y/n-chan?" Tenten asked and Y/n gave her a sad smile.

"Nothing, everything's... fine," she said, whispering in the last part when she saw Shikamaru give Temari a peek on her cheek.

She stopped walking, causing others to do the same. Y/n looked down at the ground, everything broke in her, her heart in billions of pieces and her head spinning with thoughts.
"Oh, Y/n..." Hinata said quietly in sadness

~

"Congratulations!!!" Everyone yelled as Temari and Shikamaru walked out of the church with big smiles on their faces.

"Thanks, everybody for coming today, I hope y'all have a good time," Shikamaru said and held his glass up in the air as he held Temari by her waist.

Everyone else held up their glass at the new married couple and smiled big
"For the groom and bride!" Tenten yelled as she had happy tears falling down her eyes.
"Y/n..." Y/n looked up and saw Hinata holding a glass out for her "It's time to give up" she whispered and Y/n smiled sadly, a tear leaving her eye as she watched the new married couple kiss passionately. "I guess you're right" she whispered and more tears left her eyes, Hinata hugged her friend close to her chest as she cried silently herself, sad for her friend.

~

"Y/n!" Shikamaru called, waving his hand in the air to greet her "Hi Shika. How's Temari and Shikadai?" Y/n asked as they gave each other a side hug "Good, what about you? Have someone special yet?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows. Y/n rolled her eyes and shook her head "No" she only answered, making him sigh in response.

"Will, you ever start your own family?" He asked as they walked into a bar.

"No, I'm to busy with missions," she said, not looking up at him "*sigh* hopeless" he mumbled and they both took a seat at the bar.

~

"Ya know... Have you even liked someone in your life?" Shikamaru suddenly asked, taking another shot. Y/n froze, holding the glass against her lower lip as she turned her head away from him and nodded slowly.

"Really? Who?" He asked and she sighed, looking back at her friend with teary eyes

" Yes really, and I have liked them since childhood... I was too shy and him out so I just let us be friends until our teenage days when I was going to confess but... he-he found someone else"

"A-And who...?" He asked nervously, getting a hint of who it might be.

"I-It was... you... but..." she smiled at him
"I'm leaving Konoha for good and you have your wife and son to think of now so... it doesn't really matter anymore," she said and took the last shot.

Y/n stood up and grabbed her kunai before walking out of the bar, leaving Shikamaru confused and shocked by her confession.

"It's time to really forget you... Shikamaru Nara"