Natuto x reader (2/3)

Naruto's POV
My love, take your time
I'll see you on the other side
Raise a glass to freedom

I smiled as I didn't move from one of Sasuke's kunai's that was flying at me. I let my Rasengan disappear as I hang my arms on each side of me. I glanced at Sasuke that looked scared and shocked.

Wait!

His kunai hit me and I fell to the ground, hearing him and Sakura yelling my name.

Sasuke's POV
I strike him right between his ribs
I walk towards him, but I am ushered away

I watched as my wife treated his wounds, I walked towards him but Shikamaru showed up and grabbed my arm. "Leave" he growled and I looked down 'How could I be so stupid' I thought as I walked away from them, glancing one last time at Naruto that... smiled at me. I felt my tears fall as the pain of losing someone got to me once again.

They row him back across the Hudson
I get a drink

I walked into the village, it was quiet and barely anyone was on the streets. I walked into the bar and got one or more drinks.

I hear wailing in the streets
Somebody tells me, "You'd better hide"

As I walked out of the bar, Rock Lee and Tenten walked up to me "You'd better hide" they growled and I sighed, looking away from them as I walked home. There I meet my daughter, Sarada. She held up her phone to me, it was the news.

They say Hinata and Y/n
Were both at his side when he died

I looked at the picture of Y/n and her sister Hinata crying as they stood by Naruto's body in the hospital. Y/n held his hand as Naruto had closed eyes as he smiled one last time at her.

Y/n's POV
Death doesn't discriminate
Between the sinners and the saints, it takes and it takes and it takes

I cried more as my husband closed his sky blue eyes, Hinata had walked out to talk to a doctor. I cried harder when his hand went cold and his face got paler and paler. I felt someone kiss my forehead, making me look up and saw Naruto or more like Naruto's soul. He smiled at me before turning around and walked away, making me not see him anymore...

Sasuke's POV
History obliterates, in every picture it paints
It paints me and all my mistakes

I glanced at Y/n and her two children as they looked at Naruto's grave. When I saw the tears, guilt raised in me. I looked away when I saw their son, Boruto. Glare at me with tears in his eyes. I looked down and away from him, can't take his glare anymore. 

When Naruto aimed at the sky
He may have been the first one to die
But I'm the one who paid for it
I survived, but I paid for it

It has been some years now and I walked once again in the streets to hear people still whisper "Murderer!" "He should be the one that died" "What was he thinking!?" "He must hate himself" I sighed as I moved up my hood over my head, covering my face.

Now I'm the villain in your history
I was too young and blind to see

I remembered every fight and argument we had as kids and teens. I looked down the whole time as I felt more eyes on me as I started to tear up.

I should've known
I should've known the world was wide enough for both Uzumaki and me

I looked down at his grave, reading the small text on the gravestone over and over again. The feeling of guilt and sadness raised in me as I remembered everything my daughter, wife, and friends had said to me all these years. "Miss you, idiot. We all do" I whispered before feeling someone's hand on my shoulder, I looked behind me...

The world was wide enough for both Uzumaki and me

I stared at Naruto's soul with teary eyes, he smiled and waved before disappearing right in front of me. I let out a small chuckle as I wiped away my tears "Hehe... idiot"