01| Guerrilla Tactics

*
*
*
|
|
|

Deep within the brilliant structure of Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, the rebels were growing stronger

Deep within the brilliant structure of Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, the rebels were growing stronger. With May looming nearer and nearer, their tactics had become somehow even more barbaric than ever before, with the help of Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. Currently, as many students hid in the sanctuary of the Room of Requirement- Seamus made an exaggerated shushing gesture to Neville Longbottom who was rocking with laughter behind a suit of armour on the fourth-floor corridor.

Amycus Carrow screeched in pure, childlike rage and it had Neville slamming his hand over his mouth in an attempt to hold the laughter that continuously spilt through, the boy was red in the face and crying at the scene in front of him.

The male Carrow was standing over a fourth-year girl, wand tip jabbed toward her angrily as he continuously shouted the Cruciatus Curse- he was not succeeding and the girl herself was growing amused despite the threat of brilliant pain that was looming over her. With each swish of his wand and holler of 'crucio' a single duck appeared, plopping from his wand, having spawned from nowhere and the ducks were currently present by the dozen, quaking as they walked blissfully around the corridor.

"Longbottom! Finnigan! Hogwarts! Chang! Weasley!" he roared with anger, knowing that at least one of them was the perpetrator. "Brown! Patil!" they were the only names he had bothered to learn over the past few months, the only names he needed to learn. The man's beady arms swept over the corridor, scanning deeply and the boys exchanged glances before suddenly making a run for it.

The two seventh year boys lept victoriously over the crowd of ducks, dancing and weaving through them as brilliant laughter spilt through their lips. They were running down the corridor before Amycus could even register what was happening and in a desperate bid, he aimed his wand angrily at their backs, only to produce another quaking duck. Roaring like an animal, he shoved his wand angrily back into his robes and went for the traditional approach.

As Amycus chased the boys, he went flying forward, the ducks crowding around his ankles and it just made him angrier as the boys chortled in unfiltered joy. They were limping, bruised and battered and only managing to keep the distance because of the way the older man was stumbling and sliding around the corridor.

"Dumbledore's Army!" Neville hollered at the top of his lungs as they rounded a corner together, legs powering as fast as they could.

"Potter's rebels!" Seamus completed their chant and they were laughing again, even as the man behind them caught up. Amycus was running as fast as his legs would carry him, like an angry lion and as he turned the corner aggressively, he went slamming straight into his sister who had an identical look of anger on her face. She too had experienced the battle of the ducks, in the transfiguration corridor and the perpetrators were out of sight.

Azalea Hogwarts pressed her hand over Andrew's mouth to stem the excitable laughter that threatened to spill out as they hid behind a statue, watching the Carrows fume about their 'broken wands', blissfully unaware that those who had created the pranks were hiding around the corridor in various locations.

That had been their source of joy and amusement over the past few months, none of their 'army' had attended a single lesson since December and they instead dedicated their time to creating an absolute ruckus in the school that they all loved so deeply. The Carrow's were beyond angry and the children knew that their activities were putting them in danger. If the Carrow's ever managed to lay a hand on any of them, hanging from their wrists in the dungeons would look like a walk in the park. Which is what made it so important to not get caught.

Ginny blinked at the Death Eater's in front of her and whispered a spell under the breath. In the next moment, their bodies froze to be as stiff as a board and the two of them fell to the floor with an audible 'thump'. For a long moment, the rebels held their breath, waiting to see that the spell had been successful before they all took off running again, as a big crowd in their multicolour outfits, rowdy laughter exiting their excited lips as they made their way back to their sanctuary, the one place in the castle that the Carrows could not find them.