18| End

*
      *
*
|
|
|

Azalea smiled softly as she watched Harry Potter fix his Phoenix feather wand using the elder wand

Azalea smiled softly as she watched Harry Potter fix his Phoenix feather wand using the elder wand. She was slouched in Albus Dumbledore chair, beneath the portrait of the sleeping man and despite it having once been the chair of Severus Snape. She couldn't see it as such. The girl was glad that they could at least clear the potion masters name now, but news of his death had saddened her greatly.

The brunette girl collapsed softly backwards into the chair with a huff, feeling completely and utterly exhausted. The sound alerted Harry who looked up with a cheeky grin before lifting his newly repaired wand and waving it around, sparks emitting softly. She smiled sweetly at him and he rounded the table, placing the wands down as he crouched in front of her, taking her hands.

"You look so beautiful." He smiled dreamily, taking in her dress and the pretty tiara in her thick brown curls.

"I look a mess." She giggled, leaning forward and wrapping her arms around his neck so that her fingers could knit together there. Their eyes locked for the longest time and it was pure bliss. It was what they had both wanted most when the night had began. And they had it.

"You look stunning, Lea. You always look stunning," he smiled and leant upwards on his knees, hands placing gently on her thighs as he kissed her softly, they had all the time in the world now and it felt so utterly perfect. For the first time in their entire relationship, Azalea and Harry were not restricted by time, they were not waiting for an upcoming war, they had nothing to fear. Which meant, they could love one another without terror at losing the other. "The others are probably wondering where we are," he chuckled and she whined, arms not removing from his neck.

"They can have you when I'm done. I haven't seen you in months" she laughed and he smiled at the sound of it but otherwise allowed her lips to press a kiss to his. "I thought you were gone," she breathed when they pulled back for air, their foreheads resting together.

"I told you Lea, I'll always find my way back to you."

"And I will, to you," she beamed her brilliant white smile that he had missed so much in his travels. Harry and Azalea just couldn't keep their hands off of one another, but who could blame them? After a few more kisses, Harry pulled her to stand.

Azaleas legs felt like jelly as she stood and she wobbled for a moment, flopping like a fish, only to be caught by her boyfriend who frowned at her in concern as she was steadied once more. One thing that Azalea was not, was clumsy.

"Are you okay?" Harry wondered, hands taking her cheeks softly as he assessed her featured with his scanning green eyes. She merely laughed off his concern and pulled his hands down to hold them.

"I'm fine, just tired. It's been a long night,"

"You're telling me. I died!" He laughed and she smiled, allowing his arm to wrap around her as they made their way down to the Great Hall once again. As they entered through the large doors, people turned to face them, smiling in victory. Hermione was the first to reach their sides, pulling them into a tight hug each. Azalea quickly found herself detached from Harry as he was handed around the crowd but she merely smiled as she fell back into place beside Minerva.

"We did it." The transfiguration teacher beamed and Azalea smiled up at her.

"We did... Head Mistress,"she spoke and the older lady's eyes turned to her quickly, in shock. "If you would like to be, of course? It most definitely is your turn."

"Head Mistress McGonagall" she pondered the sound of it, straightening herself with a grin. "Why yes, I do like the sound of that."

"Well, it's all yours." Azalea beamed and looked around the room, they were all broken and bruised now but they were victorious and that was enough. As Minerva wondered off, Azalea felt a tickle in her throat and coughed several times to dislodge it, watching as Harry was hugged tightly by a beaming professor Slughorn. Everything had fallen into place for them all now.

In their pure joy and jubilation, everyone failed to notice the blood drip gently down Azaleas slowly paling hand as she dropped it from her mouth, smiling lazily at the crowd around her. There was only one thought on her mind in that moment... they had won.

[...not the end...]