21| Always

*
     *
*
|
|
|

Harry suddenly jolted awake, disgusted in himself to find that he had fallen asleep

Harry suddenly jolted awake, disgusted in himself to find that he had fallen asleep. The second his eyes opened, they turned to face the coffin, only for his heart to drop once more. At the front of the Great Hall, on a raised platform, sat seventeen coffins. Each of them contained a member of the 'good side' who had perished in the Battle of Hogwarts. It was painful to see but the banned draped over the top, banners the colour of the houses the dead had been in- Added some light to the newly restored Great Hall.

Only one of the many coffins remained open because the person within it still breathed. Albeit, her breathing was shallow and uneven, coming in short bursts and then stopping altogether. Every time she stopped breathing, his heart lurched in the possibility that she may never wake up again. Softly, his hand wound into her cold one and he shuddered slightly. Harry Potter had cried so much in the past three days, he did not even know if he could produce tears anymore. He was all cried out.

Three days. That's how long he had gone without her, and every day it only got harder. Hermione kept him company, others coming and going, but many people had left the castle now, gone home with their families to celebrate. Harry Potter did not have a home, because he had lived with the Dursley's all his life, and not that he had left them, he had nowhere to go. 

"You can stay with us." A voice spoke gently, surely having been reading his mind and Harry turned with a frown as Remus approached with a smile on his lips and a chubby baby in his arms. Harry had never much considered having children, not until he met Azalea. When he met her, he wanted to do everything with her, for her. "I'm the last Marauder" Remus huffed. "And I think I owe it to Lily, Sirius and James to keep you happy." he smiled softly and the raven-haired boy's emerald green eyes trailed down to look at the baby. Teddy Lupin was adorable.

As Remus looked at Harry, the boy whose eyes were currently downturned to stare at the child, he looked so brilliantly like James Potter and Remus knew that he was ding the right thing.

"When Azalea wakes up-" the man began, Harry's eyes snapped up solemnly and he swallowed. 

"What if she doesn't" he croaked out and Remus just huffed and continued talking.

"When she wakes up" he restarted, "I think you will be needing this." Lupin smiled and handed him a small pouch. "It was Lily's and I trust you do not need a lesson in what to do with it." he chuckled and Harry's eyes glimmered as he looked up at Moony, the man always knew how to make him feel better.

"Thank you."

It was much later in the evening, as Harry was sifting through Ron's chocolate frog card collection in a bid to keep himself awake as the moonlight slanted in through the many windows of the Great Hall, that something changed. Harry looked up as he heard her breathing growing slowly more and more even, more natural. The boy nearly stripped straight over the bench as he lept up and made his way to her. His hands fluttered, not knowing what to do but hope was growing in his chest like a balloon and he was hoping more than anything that the hope wouldn't be popped. 

"Lea?"

Her eyelids fluttered at the sound of the name and he practically danced on the spot in jubilation as her eyes fully opened and his emerald green eyes met with the chocolate doe eyes he knew and loved. The second her eyes met him, they danced with tears and she threw herself forward with newfound energy, throwing her arms tightly around his neck. Harry was there to catch her, squeezing back with just as much intensity. The raven-haired boy lifted her from the coffin slowly, straining his back slightly as then placed her on the floor. 

"I thought you were gone." he wept, hands taking her cheeks and she merely grinned.

"You can't get rid of me that easily." she beamed and he chuckled through the happy tears as they crushed their lips together. "I will always find my way back to you, Harry Potter."

"I love you so much." and they were kissing with a passion in the Great Hall, where on many occasions they had sat throughout their respective lives. The Great Hall that suddenly didn't seem so big now that they held one another in it. The war had certainly brought Harry and Azalea misery, they had fought with all the strength within them and loved with all their hearts. They had lost, and they had won and now they were there, and they had one another. The kiss was an unwritten promise that they were together now, always.