14| Patil

*

     *

*

|

|

|

As they fought, they didn't know that the pain was just beginning, they didn't know that some had been lost in the heat of the battle. All they knew was that they were fighting for their lives. A piercing, gut-wrenching screech broke Azalea from her fighting and she made short work of the man in front of her as she darted down the corridor, leaving her friends with her parents as protection- Even if they could not see it themselves. 

In front of her, in the darkness and relative emptiness of the hallway, her doe eyes fell upon Padma Patil who held her twin close to her sobbing and shaking as she held her. Blood spilt over the two of them and it seemed that the younger twin was trying to hold her big sister together. Azalea collapsed to her knees beside the two girls, calm gaze scanning the deep slash that was present across the girl's body. Padma was shaking like a leaf in hysteric desperation.

"It's okay... She's- She's still breathing." Azalea demanded firmly. "Padma, we have to take her. We have to get her to the dungeons, that's where Lavender and Madam Pomfrey are. They'll save her." she ranted but Padma was too much of a mess for the words to even find their way in through her ears. "Padma!" she yelled, shocking them both but they knew that it was needed, they were in a battle, after all, they needed to be strong. "We need to get Parvati to Madam Pomfrey or she will die, now you can either come with me or stay here. But I am taking her, now" she demanded and used all her weight to push herself upwards, dragging Parvati with her, the velvet blackness of Azalea's dress felt against her legs smoothly when she was standing once more and she carried the dying girl with all her strength.

Thankfully, she was not alone for long. Composing herself, her face overtaking with pure determination, Padma hooked her twin's limp arm over her shoulder and took half her weight as they partially dragged her to the dungeons. The track they had done a thousand times seemed impossibly longer now that they had her weight on them, and the possibility of their death.

In the Slytherin common room, whose door was blown off, a makeshift hospital had formed and Lavender and Madam Pomfrey bustled around quickly with the help of others, treating the wounded and dying. The sheer amount of dying people shocked Azalea to the core, the girl having foolishly believed that they had the upper hand. However, when they lowered Parvati down onto a couch and Lavender came bustling over, Azalea's eyes caught on a familiar hand sticking out from under a sheet.

Swallowing and making her way over to it, Azalea's eyes filled with horror and grief as she lifted the sheet to reveal the youthful face of Colin Creevy, he was only a year younger than her but his angelic features and innocent personality had made him seem so young. He wasn't supposed to be there, which meant that somewhere along the line- Something had gone wrong.

"You shouldn't be here" a voice bustled and she looked up in confusion as Poppy Pomfrey demanded to her from across the room, hands covered in blood. "You need to go and fight, you're the best hope our people have. Without you up there, we're just going to end up with more people like this" she informed somewhat angrily and Azalea stared, slightly open-mouthed. "Go! Now. We have this handled" she jabbed and the daughter of Hogwarts was instantly running again, passed the group of guards stationed on the doorway and quickly up the stone stairs. She had never run so fast in her life and when she reached the Entrance Hall once again, she was beyond glad that she had as she got there just in the nick of time to stop a spell from shooting straight into Tonks. The lady looked up in appreciation and Azalea merely smiled and went back to fighting.

It felt as if they had been fighting forever. They all looked so incredibly outnumbered because the Death Eaters didn't know that they had the Founders fighting alongside them that night. They didn't know that they had four of the greatest witches and wizards to ever live at their side as they fought on.