02| Potter's Rebels

*
      *
*
|
|
|

Azalea Hogwarts carefully held Andrew's hair between her fingers and snipped

Azalea Hogwarts carefully held Andrew's hair between her fingers and snipped. She was no hairdresser, in fact, anything requiring artistic skill was not her forte but she cut the young boys hair carefully, effectively stopping him from looking like a caveman. Andrew had once had hair that fell around his shoulders in a very Severus Snape fashion but recently- inspired by the looks of Seamus and Neville- had requested a haircut and none of them was in the position to deny anyone of anything they asked for.

Currently, the Room had expanded to brilliant capacity and only half the remaining students at Hogwarts even attended classes anymore, The Slytherins were the only ones that seemed to go to their lessons.

"Looking good, Andy" Seamus gave him two thumbs up as he chomped on some sweets, shovelling handfuls of Bertie Botts every flavour beans into his mouth and making those around the room cringe at the thought of the flavours that must've spread over his tongue, with them being every flavour, you were much more likely to get something bad than something good. That was why Seamus was allowed to eat the beans all to himself, nobody else wanting to risk it, happy with their liquorice wands and chocolate frogs.

The sweet hamper was a gift to them from Minerva McGonagall, it had been left in the seventh-floor corridor with the name 'DA' written on the label and they were thoroughly enjoying it- after checking it for any curses and hexes. They wouldn't put it past the Carrows to try and retaliate for all their pranks that year so far.

"Not too short on the sides Aza" Padma Patil urged from where she was sat on the arm of Seamus' chair, watching the girl cut the hair. It was a very slow procedure but they were hoping that it would be successful. "Or he'll look like Seamus" she teased and the boy glared teasingly up at her. Padma's eyes grew larger, shimmering slightly as they held eye contact. That term at Hogwarts had led to many new relationship developments.

Seamus and Padma were a couple that none of them had expected, it just happened one night. They were out together in the corridors, planting fireworks to wake all the teachers up and cause a ruckus, and they came back with grins on their faces and a new romance in their hearts. None of them could exactly deny that they were brilliant together, they'd never seen either of them so happy and during their rebellion, laughter and happiness was key. It was as if they were defeating a boggart.

"If all else fails, we'll wrap your head in a bandage and no one will ever know." Lavender teased as she looked over Azalea's shoulder intently at every lock she snipped from the boys head.

"I think it will look good." Neville beamed. "If it's a bit uneven, it will just make you look rugged." he laughed and a few others joined in. The walls of the room were littered with pieces of parchment documenting all the plans they had for the school.

"Is that a good thing?" Ginny giggled, stretching her legs out in front of her as she half-lay across a multi-coloured rug on the floor. Neville smiled down at her and she blushed. It didn't go unnoticed by anyone in the room. Many years ago, Ginny and Neville had gone to the Yule Ball together and now, there was clear friction between them that nobody could understand. Neville had greatly benefited from puberty, broadening, jaw widening to allow his teeth to seem more average-sized. His flock of dark hair was unruly during the rebellion and the scars on his face only added to that. It was clear that Ginny was attracted to him- But she ignored it.

"Rugged is good" Seamus frowned. "Ain't it?" he turned to his new romance and Padma looked away teasingly, pretending she hadn't heard. He scoffed and squeezed her thigh, causing a high pitched squeak to leave her lips. Azalea smiled at them, hoping that the two of them would continue seeing one another even when the Hogwarts school year and the battle were over.

"Oh my Merlin" Azalea beamed and Andrew was instantly startled, eyes wide.

"What?"

"You look so cute!" she giggled and he smiled in victory, allowing her to mess up his remaining hair somewhat.

"You know what this calls for." Colin Creevy whistled from where he was swinging back and forth in a hammock and they grinned as he hopped down, moving to stand in front of them with his camera in hand. The girl posed with the scissors in her hands and Andrew beamed brilliantly with a child-like fantasy in his eyes as the camera flashed. They were making a memorial wall with photos of all their adventures that year. It was the little things that kept them sane.

Neville Longbottom had devoted his time to learning all there was to know about plants, with the help of Professor Sprout, he was putting together a collection of any spells that could help them in a battle. His little greenhouse of plants was marvellous to see.

Colin Creevy and his little brother Dennis were working on the photo wall, Ginny was mastering spells, Lavender and the twins were becoming healers in all senses of the word- minus the official qualification. Seamus was pranking the teachers left right and centre and Cho Chang was at Azalea's side all the way, helping her with anything that needed doing. Despite their feud once, over Harry, they had managed to make amends. It was that care that they each had for the boy that enabled them to work so well together. They were doing this for him.

There was sadness over the absence of Aubrey Green and Luna Lovegood but they were sure the two girls were safe somewhere, far away from the torture of Hogwarts school.