17| To the death

*
    *
*
|
|
|

Despite how completely exhausted Azalea Hogwarts was, she had a new burst of energy as her fingers locked with Harry's

Despite how completely exhausted Azalea Hogwarts was, she had a new burst of energy as her fingers locked with Harry's. The war had resumed but she had him by her side now. And that was all she needed to fill her with all the strength in the world. Harry span her around and they were now back to back, fighting off anyone that came their way. For the first time, it wasn't Azalea defending Harry, it was the two of them fighting strongly, for one another. There was enough love in their hearts to banish out that which the Death Eaters lacked.

Azalea sent a shot straight into Dolohov and then her doe eyes flittered around the room, shocked to find that everyone was fighting brilliantly despite the exhaustion. But they had an added protection, one that she couldn't quite understand. But every spell that rocketed around the room toward the 'good side' refused to stick. They were fighting as though on the other side of an invisible shield. Azalea seemed to be the only one that noticed.

Voldemort entering with a triumphant roar of pure, unfiltered rage had Harry chasing after him, Neville had sliced the head clean off of Nagini which meant that Voldemort was nothing more than an ordinary wizard now, without the magical means for protection. As Harry raced the man who had killed his parents from the room, Azalea made a failed attempt at following him, getting caught up in a fight between Molly and three Death Eaters, leaving her fighting them and abandoning Harry. The boy didn't mind, it was what he needed. Harry Potter knew that he needed to be the one to kill Voldemort.

A Death Eater a little way away was standing like a coward, wand removed from his hand by some unseen person and Azalea blinked in confusion for a second before finally realising who it was. The man widened his eyes at the sight of her approaching. Amycus Carrow looked about ready to cry as the girl cornered him, bruises on her face still remaining from the beatings he had given him.

"You monster!" She growled, "you happily caused agony to innocent children!" She hissed and he held his hands up in a plea for mercy, he would receive none from the brunette girl. As the wall hit his back, he held his arms over his face and she scoffed. "You're so pathetic. You hurt children because you're weak! You're too weak to hurt adults, to fight and achieve anything so you hurt children, who you know you can beat purely because of the height advantage."

"Please, have mercy"

"Oh, like you did?" She scoffed and what she did next shocked them both. He had expected her to cast spells at him, kill him maybe but she didn't, she drew her fist back and punched him clean in the face, an audible crack being heard. Amycus hollered out, grabbing his face. "I'm going to give you a fate worse than death you child beater. I'm sending you straight to Azkaban when this is over. You can rot!" She demanded through her teeth and his eyes grew wide.

"Done dishing out prison sentences?" Alastor chuckled, leaning on his staff when she finally turned around to face him. The man was leaning and it was clear to see that he was exhausted but he would never let anyone know that. "How about we leave the punishment giving to the trained aurors?"

"He's all yours," she smirked gesturing behind her as she sashayed away and Mad she beamed, his blue eyes spinning around, much to the horror and disgust of Amycus Carrow. "Oh and Moody-" he looked up. "-Don't treat him kindly."

"Not in my nature, Kid" he chuckled and smirked like a shark at the devilish man. Azalea weaved through the remaining crowd, shooting spells where needed but they were handling it quite well on their own so far, severely outnumbering the Death Eaters.

Azalea entered the courtyard just in time to see the final showdown between Voldemort and Harry Potter.

"Avada Kedavra" Voldemort hollered and Harry responded much quieter.

"Expelliarmus"

The bang was like a cannon blast, and the golden flames that erupted between them, at the dead centre of the circle they were treading, marked the spot where their spells collided.

Azalea saw Voldemort's green jet meet Harry's own spell, saw the elder wand fly, dark against the sunrise, spinning like the head of Nagini, spinning through the air toward the master it would not kill, who had come to take full possession of it, at last. And Harry, with the skills of a seeker, caught the wand with his free hand, as Voldemort fell backwards, arms splayed, the slit pupils of his scarlet eyes rolling upward. Tom Riddle hit the floor with a mundane finality, his body feeble and shrunken, the white hands empty, the snakelike face vacant and unknowing. Voldemort was dead, killed by his own rebounding spell and Harry was stood with two wands in his hands, looking down at his enemy's shell.

Turning, the boy shoved the wands into his pocket as Azalea cane rushing quickly toward him. The boy who lived grabbed her face in pure victory and slammed their lips together with such joy and victory. The relatively short boy managed to lift his even shorter girlfriend clean off the floor and they spun around in circles of excitement.

The war that Azalea had been created for, was over....

[ wait for it...]