09| Voldemort

*
      *
*
|
|
|

Those awaiting the Battle of Hogwarts stood nervously, waiting to hear any word from the other side that the time had come. Having destroyed the Diadem, Harry Potter held Azalea Hogwarts closely, knowing that it could very well be the last time he held her in his arms. The Great Hall was silent, safe for the house Elves that seemed to be nattering away constantly to one another as they swished around their weapons like children. It was only when darkness plagued the room, did people grow alarmed. 

Azalea watched in horror as Harry clutched his head, hissing from the pain as he fell into her. The girl stumbled to hold his weight until he collected himself, panting as words pierced through their ears, seeming to be coming from the walls themselves. The ceiling above them plagued with darkness, the false sky growing stormy and all through the castle, they held their breath in anticipation.

A heartbreaking scream pierced through their skulls in the next moment and everyone whipped around as a Ravenclaw girl dropped to her knees, the agonised sound breaking through her lips. More and more screams just followed and Harry and Azalea shared horrified glances as the voice of Voldemort, who many of them had never met, stabbed through their minds. 

"I know that many of you will want to fight. Some of you may even think that to fight is wise." the sound of the hissing voice drew gooseflesh along Harry's arms and he only held onto her tighter. "But this is folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and no one shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded, you have one hour." the lanterns all around the room relit as the voice was banished and everyone exchanged glances.

Together, all those around the room congregated closer together, defiantly and ready to protect the boy, no matter what the dark lord demanded. 

"I think we all know that's not going to happen" Fred smirked and Harry smiled awkwardly, uncomfortably, he was terrified because he knew that his presence was going to cause at least one death that evening. 

"Students out of bed!" Filch called in his loudest voice as he toddled into the Great Hall and Minerva rolled her eyes from her place in the entrance hall, following him in. "Students out of bed! In the corridors!"

"They are supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot" McGonagall looked about ready to smack him upside the head and the Weasley twins smirked at one another.

"Oh" Filch breathed and even Harry cracked a smile, Fleur Delacour audibly laughing at him. "Sorry Ma'am" he chuckled uncomfortably. 

"That's it then, that is the warning some of you have been waiting for. We have one hour" Hermione spoke out int he strongest voice she could muster. "Which means, if any of you are having second thoughts, now is the last chance you have to leave."

[I'm ready! Are you guys ready? It's happening! The time has come!]