Chapter 15

I was currently sitting up in Xavier's bed, my hands behind me to support my upper torso as a bewildered look refused to leave my face. He stood at the side of the bed with a tray of food in hand and sported a goofy smile. However, in his glance I could also recognize another emotion as it was one I always had; nervousness.

Just seconds ago Xavier had come bursting into the room, excitement coming off him in waves as he apparently couldn't wait to show off the breakfast he had made me. In his excitement he seemed to have forgotten I was fast asleep and scared the living daylights out of me. The door had flung open and smashed into the wall making me wonder if he had left a dent in it. In tune with the bang was his heavy footsteps as he rushed his large form through the doorway. I had awoken startled at the commotion, forcing my body upwards to survey the room for threats only to see Xavier, the movement sending pain through my leg. This brought us to our current predicament.

Despite my increased heart rate and fast paced breathing, I attempted to keep calm. This was Xavier, the person I was supposed to be the other half of. Though this helped, my other thoughts of leaving also soothed my panic. If Xavier were to ever hurt me I would run. I could escape and live a happy life alone without any danger.

As I honed back in on the current situation, Xavier hadn't moved. It almost appeared as if he had no idea what to do as he shifted his feet across the hardwood floor. "I made you breakfast, I hope that's alright."

I nodded my head as I sent him a small smile. "Thank you." Silence blanketed us after the short exchange as I allowed my eyes to survey the room. My eyes widened as they drifted to the tray, taking in the piles of food. There was a stack of pancakes, eggs, fruit, and bacon. There was no way I could eat all of that.

I heard a sigh as my eyes met Xavier's, his disappointment evident. "I messed up didn't I? Was it the way I came in? Or do you not like this type of food? I knew I should have made sausage instead-."

Seeing Xavier question himself stirred something inside of me that I couldn't get a handle on. Before I knew it I was interrupting his words, much to my dismay. "No. It's amazing, thank you for doing this." I shut my mouth before I almost told him that he was what I thought to be amazing. It was something I hadn't even come to accept, something I didn't want to believe. Because if he was, why was he stuck with someone like me? On top of this I've only known him for a couple of weeks, I don't think it's possible to think that of someone you have barely gotten to know.

My statement looked to assure Xavier on his decisions as he moved closer to the bed, squeezing his legs and feet in the space between his mattress and the bed. Flashes of last night filled my mind as I glanced at the mattress, nearly making me blush. This new side to Xavier was a part of him I was glad to uncover. Before the last couple of days he had been very uptight and almost had a strong front on at all times. I felt more comfortable in his presence when he was like this because he didn't appear as harmful, though not by much. He was still the size of an overgrown gorilla.

Xavier placed the tray across my lap, the weight causing me to flinch. The pressure caused both of my legs to move, the pain jolting through my injured one. I let out a small 'ouch' and Xavier moved it back almost as soon as it had landed there. As he hovered the tray in the air, careful not to spill the food and orange juice his face became worrisome.

Placing the tray on the side table to my right, he reached down to rub my leg as he observed my reaction with curiosity. When his hand made contact with my leg I expected more pain however, small jolts of sparks went through the bandages, coming from what seemed to be his hand. The sparks were pleasurable in a way and replaced the pain. The dull ache that has been present since the incident even subsided at the contact. I gazed at Xavier with uncertainty, unsure of what was occurring. "What is that?" I stated as I remained still, letting him continue with his actions. My confusion seemed to cloud my typical state of anxiousness, alongside the sparks.