Chapter 17

The following day started off the same as the one before except instead of trying to scare me awake, he took a much lighter approach and shook me gently until my eyes turned against me and fluttered open against the harsh light.  He once again cooked breakfast, the same pancakes greeting me as yesterday's however these included chocolate chips. This earned him brownie points as I loved anything with chocolate, considering it was a rare occurrence that I got any. He chose a random movie to play as I was still indecisive and he joined me on the bed without asking. At first this bothered me but I decided it would've been useless for him to ask permission as I would have agreed to it anyway.

As the movie finished I turned to Xavier for direction as I had no clue what he had in store for today. Hopefully it will just be another movie as I quite enjoyed the several we watched yesterday. I wanted to watch them all at once if he would let me. "So, what are we watching next?" I softly voiced, unsure if that's what we were doing.

Xavier's relaxed position against the pillows straightened up as he angled himself towards my frame. He let out a sigh as he scanned my facial features in thought. Though I wanted to squirm under his powerful gaze, I refrained myself and held my position. "We will be heading to my office today. Since I neglected my Alpha duties yesterday and this morning I have a lot to catch up on."

I drew my eyebrows together as my lips curved downwards. He hasn't been doing his work? Then why would he take me with him, wouldn't I serve as a distraction? I still need someone to help me around so it would make more sense for him to just leave me here where I could remain in bed all day. "Why don't I just stay here? I don't want to distract you from your work and it isn't like I can go anywhere given my current state." I picked at the loose thread on the blanket as I awaited his response, breaking eye contact.

The bed groaned as Xavier stood up from his sitting position, the lifted weight of his large frame relieving the springs of the mattress. He shook his head in denial at my proposal as he set his lips into a firm line. "No can do, Anna. I promised I would take care of you and considering the rogues may still be around, I'm not willing to let you out of my sight." He began straightening his clothes as he made the walk around to my side with slow steps.

We were silent as he hovered over me with a reassuring smile once he made it to where I was laying. I knew what was coming next even though I wish it wasn't. I still didn't feel fully comfortable with physical contact with Xavier but I knew it was necessary given my state. My leg wouldn't be healed for a few weeks so I might as well adjust to it now I guess. I propped myself up in order for him to pick me up easier, rather than making this more awkward then it already was. He leaned down at the speed of a turtle, most likely to provide comfort that he wasn't moving too quickly in order for me to monitor his movements. This made me a little more relaxed as it was sweet of him to think of doing so. I froze as his bulky but firm arms wrapped around my shoulders and thighs, carrying me bridal style. The air was sucked out of me as he hoisted me up in the air, creating a breeze around my form. As he stood to his full height with me cradled in his arms he gave me a minute to adjust to our current position. I refused to look him in the eye as my arms sat limply in my lap, unsure what to do with them. After a minute of us standing in silence and a nod from me that I was alright, he began walking. Xavier was the first one to break the silence as I swayed lightly in his grasp, my eyes locked to the walls we were passing.

"Also, you should know I don't mind a little distraction here and there." He smirked down at me. My face flushed at his words as I wished I could hide but his stupid muscular arms had me trapped in their restraints. Despite my fear of anger, my fear of embarrassment was overcoming the former as Xavier's smirk continued to widen. Resorting to the only place I was capable of hiding I turned my head into his chest, eliciting unknown emotions in mine as my forehead connected with his exposed neck. Surprised at the contact, Xavier faltered in his steps and cleared his throat as he realized he had stopped walking for a fraction of a second.