Epilogue

Sitting down on the couch beside Xavier with a bowl of popcorn, I gave him a peck on the cheek as I whispered out, "Why hello, my Moon."

This resulted in Xavier's face turning a nice shade of red but he still sent me a cheesy smile despite it. "Why hello, Sunshine."

With his response I passed him the bowl of popcorn before I hopped up into his lap, snugging into the confinements of his arms as he handed me the popcorn back. Once I was settled I looked up to him and sent him a cheeky smile. Chuckling at my playful ways he pulled me closer and kissed my forehead before turning back to the movie.

As for me, I glanced around the living room with adoration for those around me. Andrea and Carter decided to join in on our movie night with Mason and Theo which I was super excited about as it signified an official end to the crazy adventure we went on with facing Roger and his pack.

It's been two months since we fought it out with them and luckily for us, everything went according to plan. Well, except for Mason's unexpected drama skit that will most likely leave him in the dog house for the rest of eternity. Considering the way he was currently begging Theo to let him hold him throughout the movie and the crossed arms Theo was sporting, I highly doubted Mason would be getting his way. Theo clearly wasn't impressed given the expression upon his face though his eyes said he wouldn't last too much longer before he caved.

Alpha Bryson's officers all arrived in a timely manner and removed the unconscious men from our land, taking them directly back to their jail. We heard from Bryson himself less than a couple hours later that the five of them arrived and were confined to their tiny cells with no bumps in the road, much to my relief.

As for Roger, Xavier more than got his way after he took me home that night. He had set it up that four guards were to stand on watch at the breach of our border to guarantee that Roger could not escape his bonds. Xavier tied his unconscious body to a large central tree that was frequented by many rogues as they would pass it when making their way around our land. With the rope laced with silver there was no way Roger would be capable of escaping as the touch of it alone would burn his skin due to his genetic make-up.

Of course, Xavier threw in a few extra punches for good measure because he said he wanted to. And he may or may not have gotten his wish of the removal of Roger's manhood, but I'll leave that up to your imagination.

While Andrea was still nursing the wound of her brother's true identity, she had come to the realization that she did everything she could have to help him become a better person. I also reiterated to her that the way her brother turned out and what implications he had to do with my past were not her fault, nor her place to feel guilty. Luckily with the help of the others and especially Carter, she was starting to believe it.

And as for me, I was truly at peace for the first time in my life. I'm able to live contently with my family surrounding me, leading a pack beside the man I was destined to be with. I didn't feel the need to look over my shoulder or to cower in the presence of a man as those who caused those reactions are gone. Yes, I'll continue to have setbacks that may get me down and yes, I may have times where I don't feel like the badass I currently am. But at the end of the day, it didn't really matter. Because those fractions-of-a-second moments don't define me for who I am as a person; they only show you how I grew to be the person I am today.

Because I'm a survivor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Omgggggggg I know it's really short but I think this was a good way to tie up the book! PLEASE let me know if this wasn't the ending you were looking for so I can perfect it!!! Is anything missing? Do I need to add more to the chapter for it to feel finished? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

BIG Q: should this be the epilogue or a chapter? I think it can work as either but I was wondering if I should do an epilogue and change this into a chapter just so I can give you guys a peak into the future of Anna and Xavier. What do you guys think? Do you want to see the future of our lovely couple or are you content with the way things wrap up here? Someone send help lol I'm too confused :(

Anyways, I want to thank you guys SO SO much for reading this book of mine! It has been an absolute adventure for me to write this book and the support all of you have given me literally brings me to tears dsldjmskdsld y'all have no idea! <333333333333

Also would you guys be interested in a Q&A that either you guys give me questions to answer or even if I kind of just answer any questions I think y'all may have about how and why I wrote the book? Idk let me know! :)

Anyways (again), I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and that you are all staying safe and healthy! :)

I love you all so much! :) <3

xx kerfuffled_

P.S. HOW CAN IT BE OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (That gif is a visual representation of me rn)