Chapter 38

A dark, guttural growl could be heard miles away as Xavier tensed and turned to his uncle and cousins. He grasped my hand with his own before he pushed himself in front of me to guard my entire body. "Did I hear that correctly?" Xavier snarled as he shot daggers at the men in front of him.

Roger smirked as he connected his eyes with my own, just over my mate's shoulder of which I was currently peaking around. "Oh, sweetheart I wondered if you would remember us. When we heard of Xavier finding his mate right around the time you escaped and then learned your name was Anna, we knew it was you. I guess we were just waiting for the right time to make an appearance." Glancing at the men beside him he shot me a vile smirk. "Who are they? Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday? Don't worry sweetheart, I know you've missed us but we'll have you in our arms soon enough. Or should I say in our beds?"

Retching, I nearly vomited at the mention of which customer was which and at the thought of having to endure the trauma all over again. I clearly wasn't the only angry one as our group had looks of confusion and Xavier was ready to charge at them but was contained by my need for his touch. "Don't you ever, and I mean ever, say that to my mate again, do you hear me?! You're all lucky I haven't killed you already!" He screamed, only getting louder and louder as he spoke.

Andrea stepped forward beside Roger, eyebrows scrunched with the concern written all over her face. "Brother, what are they talking about? Please tell me you aren't the cause of Anna's past." As she finished her sentence a look of horror took over her features and she covered her mouth as she looked at me, as if she was connecting the dots of what was just spoken.

I slowly nodded my head in response to her question as I let the tears flow freely. Xavier turned to me and his face said it all; he was asking for permission to tell my story. Wrapping my arms around his waist I gave a firm and single nod for him to go ahead.

"Before Anna came here and since childhood, her parents were using her as a source of income." Shaking his head disgust morphed onto his features as I could nearly see the steam leave his ears. "They decided to allow people to beat her for money, use her as a punching bag but the worst of it all - the scum in front of us - was that Anna had weekly customers that would buy her body and rape her. She was forcefully prostituted by her own damn parents and these pieces of shit would rape an innocent girl just because of their own sexual desires!" He was practically growling as he yelled, showing that not only was Xavier angry but so was Oberon. "Family or not, you lost that title the second you confirmed you were Anna's tormentors!"

Andrea was now backing away from Roger with a look of extreme distress, eyebrows raised and hands shaking. She was met with Theo and Mason who were clearly fuming but understood the importance of helping Andrea who looked like she was about to faint. Now that left Carter who resumed his earlier position but was practically vibrating with anger as he marched right up to Roger and before I knew it he was laid out on the ground groaning as Carter stood over him, hand curled into the shape of a fist. "I knew there was a reason I didn't like you people! God, I told you all something seemed fishy but no one would believe me." He sighed as looked at Xavier stating, "Despite the fact that I really want to beat the shit out of him, this is your fight son. Have at him."

Walking away from the mess on the ground he enveloped Andrea into his arms who took solstice in the presence of her mate. Theo and Mason wrapped their arms around one another's shoulders and stayed where they were, though their clenched fists made it obvious they wanted to get in on the action.

Smirking at his father Xavier let out a snide, "Gladly. I told Anna that if I ever came face to face with those who hurt her I would chop off their dicks and feed it to the rogues. I see you were all looking to be a midnight snack this evening?" However, before he could advance Roger sat up as he held his bloody nose and raised his left hand in surrender.