Chapter 25

"Wait, so you're telling me that werewolves came into existence only 500 years after humans and we still haven't discovered your existence?" Shock coursed through me as the book laid open and disregarded in my lap.

Xavier found amusement in my inability to comprehend this fact as I had repeated it several times now. Arms crossed behind his desk, he leaned them on the top effectively crinkling the scattered paper. "Yes. Same as when you asked if we really started off as three quarters wolf and only a quarter human or when you questioned the fact we didn't forcefully shift on a full moon..." His voice trailed off as his eyes shone with mirth, piercing his gaze with mine.

With a sheepish smile I gave an apology for my endless questions. Since Xavier had given me the stack of werewolf books I were to read as a Luna earlier today I had been grilling him with everything I had a hard time believing. Which was a lot at this point. I just couldn't fathom the fact there was a whole other species living right under our noses for centuries and no one managed to find it.

And now I knew high school was useless. Not even my mythology course could teach me about werewolves properly. My favourite course failed me in the real world hence my pestering with Xavier to make sure he was telling the truth. Then again if I was never going to touch the Pythagorean theorem why am I even surprised?

So far I had gotten half way through the first thick book of many. It contained the basics of werewolves, almost as if it should be called 'Werewolf 101 for Dummies.' I knew I needed it.

Lost in my cluttered thoughts I failed to notice the body standing in front of my seated one. Xavier had walked around his desk to crouch down between my legs causing a deep blush to invade the contours of my cheeks. Ever since Xavier and I kissed I had been blushing like a tomato and I was waiting for the moment it would go bad.

Since our kiss I wondered if he would do it again or if he would wait for me to make a move. If he was waiting on me he should know it would most likely be a long while as my confidence did not include such a thing. Though the force really wanted another feel of his plump pink lips and to be honest, so did I.

I failed to notice I had zoned out with my gaze honed in on those lips of his. The clearing of his throat snapped me out of it only to cause me to turn away at the smirk dominating his features. I most definitely was caught.

"And where did you just go?"

Stuttering, I blurted out, "Uh, peeling potatoes!"

His head snapped up to mine as he digested my word vomit, confusion evident. Scrunching his eyebrows he placed his hands on my knees. "What the hell did you just say?"

"Stop embarrassing me, you know where I was." I squeaked out as I buried my head into my hands. We both knew he was messing around and my tomato face would soon become tomato paste if he didn't stop the explosion of red on my cheeks.

His deep chuckle echoed throughout the office before he gently squeezed my knees. "Okay, okay I'll stop. You should know I don't mind if that's where you were. In fact, we can act out the scene that's in your head right now if you want?" Laughter rang clear in his tone while he tried to contain it, the shaking of his body a second indicator.

"Xavier! Stop!" I squeaked, dragging out the '0' in dismay.

"Alright, fine." He chuckled before wrapping his arms around my shoulders and pulling my still hidden face into the contour of his neck.

Despite my surprise I quickly relaxed against his frame, removing my hands from my face as he could no longer see the embarrassment. Sparks ignited causing a sigh of content to escape me. Xavier returned this with a low grumble, it only increasing as I wrapped my arms around his torso.