Chapter 24

Mason sat across me on Xavier's bed, his mouth moving a mile a minute. He had so many questions that he clearly was dying to ask as he failed to take a breather between sentences. Mason had been throwing suggestive looks at me the entire time we had ate our breakfast with our mates. Xavier and I had ventured to the kitchen for breakfast and only seconds later Theo and Mason were stumbling in behind us, acting weird as hell. Once we had finished our meals Mason followed me up to Xavier's room to interrogate me.

All questions pertained to the date that took place the night before, indicating his friend had told him. I didn't mind in the slightest despite the grilling I was receiving, though the last question made me freeze.

"And you kissed my best friend? This is amazing, my one best friend kissing my other best friend, are you two going to give me nieces and nephews anytime soon?" Pausing to take a breather, he propped his angled head against his fist while shooting me a look of wonder.

My mouth hung wide open at the words falling from his mouth. Not only did he know about the kiss but he asked for us to have children all in one breath. Shaking my head I furrowed my brows in curiosity. "How do you know that we kissed?" A blush spanned across the contours of my cheeks as I finished my sentence, embarrassment filling me to the bone.

A simple scoff was all I heard before he dropped his hand from his chin and gave me a deadpanned expression. "What do you mean, we're best friends. Xavier never shuts up about you and you think he would fail to mention something he's over the moon about?"

Curling my arms around my legs I turned my gaze to the blanket in attempt to hide my blush. It didn't really bother me that Xavier had told Mason and most likely Theo, I just felt awkward approaching the situation. My voice was almost timid when I spoke up. "He's over the moon about it?"

Noticing my vulnerability, Mason's eyes softened as his lips upturned. He began to shuffle closer to me on the bed but quickly stopped as recognition flashed in his eyes. He must have remembered I wasn't totally there yet; hell I'm surprised I'm capable of sitting in the same bed as him. "Without a doubt. You should know that he has been wanting to kiss you since the moment he met you, but wanted to make sure you were ready first." Amusement filled his gaze as his smile grew into a smirk. "He's going to kill me for saying this but last night he came running into my room right after the two of you kissed and started to do a happy dance. He started wooing and hugged both Theo and I because he was so excited."

I let out a laugh despite my reddening cheeks, surprised by Xavier's excitement. I had no idea that it would mean so much to him, but I was glad it meant as much to him as it did to me. I sighed while lost in the recollection of the kiss, his soft lips pressed against mine-.

I tuned back in when a hand waved in front of my face, courtesy of Mason. I was officially a tomato as I realized I had been caught red-handed, Mason becoming giddy at this discovery.

"You were totally just thinking about it. What was it like?" I went to interrupt but he held his hand up before anything escaped my lips. "Don't forget we're best friends now so you can trust me."

I smiled at that but was unsure if I was comfortable enough to do so. However, I didn't have anyone else to talk to considering Andrea was his mother and I definitely was not explaining the kiss to her. "Well, Xavier had set up the picnic blanket and everything as you already know and to make a long story short, I asked to see his wolf. Oberon had climbed over top of me and forced me to lay back on the blanket but when I asked his name, Xavier transformed back in order to tell me." My eyes were permanently glued to the blanket I was picking away at, too embarrassed to meet his gleeful orbs. "So, he was hovering over me and when he caressed my cheek my eyes closed and before I knew it his lips were on mine."