Chapter 21

Hey guys! Before we get into this chapter I wanted to say a huge thank you to @Azzie1989 for sending me this GORGEOUS cover for this book and it was so kind of her! (you can see it in the box above) I absolutely love it, thank you so much! Also, you guys should go check out the book on her profile called, "Queen Natalia" I recently started it and it's amazing!

And if anyone else wants to make a cover for this book I'd more than love to see them and put them up for everyone to see! :) Love you guys, hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes were glued shut as I attempted to decipher my current position. The sway of heavy footfalls had stirred me from my drowsy state, sending a wave of confusion over my form. I tensed at the lack of recognition before my brain managed to catch up, connecting the dots to a figure carrying me. My body was slow to recover from the drowsiness, seemingly taking its sweet old time. As my tactile senses came back into play from their short vacation, the familiar build of Xavier surrounded my form, his arms wrapped around me bridal style.

At the recognition of my mate I relaxed my muscles, molding my body into his upper torso to chase my fleeting slumber. I shifted closer to his chest to nestle inside of his neck, something I had been doing quite a lot recently. I wasn't sure why but I was drawn to his neck, always taking a deep breath of his calming scent. At this point in the walking, I could tell Xavier had made it to the stairs, further shaking sleep from my grasp as it slipped through my fingertips. It seemed Xavier had noticed my shifting and began to whisper sweet nothing's to me.

This appeared to do the trick as I let out a relaxed sigh, pressing my forehead firmly into the crook of his collarbone and grasping the front of his shirt. In my semi-conscious state I didn't have any physical boundaries with the man carrying me, the force becoming the lead in the situation. I was also unaware that I had once again sighed, and let out a ghost whisper of his name which was responsible for the small falter in his footsteps.

Just as I had managed to catch sleep in my hands, we were arriving back to his room. I would have remained in my state if it hadn't been for the loss of contact. As he laid my form onto his bed, the cold room rushed towards me like a gush of wind as I lost a hold of his comforting warmth.

The freezing temperature in the room had me wide awake once again, frowning at my lost possibility of sleep. I scurried to get under the blankets which was near impossible with my damn leg. Taking the comforter and bundling myself up like a burrito I turned to Xavier. "Why is it so cold?!"

He was standing at the side of the bed as he faced me, the sheepish look dominating his features. His right hand came up to scratch his hair. "Sorry. Werewolves are naturally hotter than humans, I guess I forgot about that when I turned the air on earlier."

Nodding in reply I pulled the comforter tighter and basked in the warmth it provided me. No wonder Xavier was so warm all the time, he was exerting all of that extra heat. My eyes scanned his moving figure as he walked across the room. He stopped in front of the thermometer before he pressed a few buttons and then turned back to me and shooting me a thumbs up.

I couldn't help but let out a chuckle at his actions as I muttered a, "Thank you."

Xavier came back to join me, sitting in the space on the bed to the right of my bundled form. Settling in to the mattress he propped his head up onto his hand and turned to face my direction. "I hope you don't mind that I carried you up here. I just didn't want to leave you asleep on the couch with dumb and dumber."

I laughed at his nicknames for Theo and Mason. He had many different names for the two so far and I could only imagine how close their relationships were. I yearned to have some friends like that. "It's not a problem. Though I would like to know what time it is?"