Chapter 35

"You're ready? Like you're actually ready to be marked and everything that comes along with it? Are you sure, because I don't want to rush you into anything- Wait, am I even ready?" With the shortest pause known to man, he proceeded to scoff. "What am I talking about of course I'm ready, I've been waiting all of my life for this. Oh my god, but you're ready?" Xavier stopped for an intake of air after his extreme word vomit. After several seconds passed, this became apparent to Xavier who's face turned a bright shade of red.

This whole time I was pursing my lips while I tried to hold my laughter in, knowing he'd just be more embarrassed if I found humour in his shock. I thought it was absolutely adorable how concerned he was about me being sure and whether he actually was too. It was comforting to know I wasn't the only one that was a little nervous about this huge step in our relationship.

Placing my hand atop his I gave a warm smile. "Xavier, I promise I'm ready for the mating process. You've shown me over and over again that you're nothing like the men of my past and that you truly care for me. There's no doubt in my mind that we're meant to be together. I'm yours and you're mine."

His cheeks only seemed to darken as I continued talking, making me chuckle. It was moments like these, where Xavier bared his vulnerable side that really made my heart speed up more than usual when in his presence and made me realize just how much he meant to me.

However, when Xavier placed his hands over his face and let out a groan, shock was prominent at just how extreme his vulnerable side could be.

"Ugh, I don't think my face has ever been this red. What are you doing to me, Sunshine?" He parted two fingers to peak at me from behind his hands as well as managed to expose some very tomato-coloured skin.

I burst out with laughter as a pure feeling enveloped my soul and pulled hard on my heart strings. The force began to throb more than ever before, making it feel as if it was ready to break out from my chest. And I knew. I knew exactly why.

With a dazed look in my eyes, I gazed at Xavier, pure contentment written across my face. "Oh Xavier." He brought his hands down a few inches so I could see both eyes. I sighed. "I love you."

Xavier was slow to process my words as his eyes developed into saucers. But before a word could be spoken, I pulled his face to mine and smashed our lips together.

Electricity flowed between us as the bond hummed and felt as if it was growing in size. The sparks buzzed at our conjoined lips and only seemed to travel as Xavier grabbed my hair and pulled me as close as humanly possible.

A moan escaped me as his tongue darted across the part of my lips which I quickly allowed entry to. As our tongues meshed into one, the bond practically came to life with excitement, buzzing from the tip of my head to the ends of my toes.

I dragged my hands up the expanse of Xavier's chest, eliciting a grunt of his own as my fingertips grazed their way up his body and onto the back of his neck. Though I had never really done anything like this willingly, it was as if my body just new what felt right with Xavier.

I twisted my hands into the hairs at the base of his neck before gently pulling on them. This only made Xavier more passionate as he guided me all the way onto my back and climbed to hover over me. He took a moment to gaze at me with a hot expression before pressing a firm kiss to my lips. Before I could capture his lips with mine again, he began to make his way down my neck with light kisses, making me realize he was going to mark me.

I was unsure of how this worked but the force inside me really didn't care as long as it was completed. I was well aware that it would involve some pain and pleasure so I could only hope the pleasure would come quickly during this process.