Chapter 34

Running around with a clipboard in hand, I was attempting to find Andrea. The pack was bustling around me as they ran across our land, setting up the much needed items for the Starlight Gala.

With only two weeks left to prepare, Andrea and I had managed to check off almost everything on our list. Andrea handled the guest list as she still had a copy from last years event, only crossing off and adding a few new names to the list. I handled the set up schedule and assigned each pack house floor with duties to complete in time. So far everything was going as planned but I just wanted to make sure Andrea didn't need help at the moment as she was directing nearly half the pack with how to do the table layout.

The tables each held ten people, resulting in nearly thirty tables strategically being placed across the opening. In addition to our pack of two hundred, there was around one hundred more werewolves invited. This group consisted of some fellow pack leaders, family members of our own that were in differing packs and just general friends of the West family.

I won't lie, the process was so intriguing to watch as it played out, especially since I was the one pulling all the strings with Andrea. A sense of pride fluttered over me as I came to the realization that this Luna position may actually be suitable for me. I have bonded and talked with many of the pack members over these last two weeks and managed to find my voice. One filled with the strength of a Luna as Andrea had claimed.

Flipping through the pages on my clipboard as I walked, I failed to notice Xavier running at me like the psychopath he is. He didn't even bother to slow down as he crashed into me and knocked us onto the grass; though he flipped his body under mine to brace our fall resulting in my form laying atop his.

A wide, toothy smile was plastered to my mate's face as he pinned me down to his body, his arms around my torso. Before I could react Xavier hollered out, "I told you I could sweep her off her feet in thirty seconds!"

Gasping at the comment I smacked his shoulder but his shit-eating grin only grew larger. As I looked for the source of his childishness, I should've known that Mason and Theo would be involved in his shenanigans.

"Really? You two put him up to this?" I said as I rolled off of Xavier to lay beside him in the grass.

Two pairs of hands went up as they pled innocent, though their eyes held laughter at the whole situation. "Hey now, don't blame me for his stupidity. We simply dared him to try to sweep you off your feet in a lovey-dovey type of way. Not literally like he clearly did." Theo sent a glare towards Xavier once his mate finished speaking, clear that he was to blame for getting them in the doghouse.

However, Xavier found the whole thing hilarious as he laughed, a gleeful expression displayed on his features. "You know I take my dares seriously. I wanted to win, so I did."

Shaking my head I let out a sigh as I mumbled under my breath, "How did I get involved with such weird people?"

Though I knew they could hear me I chose to act as if I said nothing as I turned to face Xavier's gaping mouth. "Have you seen your mom? I've been trying to find her."

Floundering like a fish, Xavier finally shook his head of his disbelief at my slight insult. "Yes I did actually. She sent me to tell you she's about halfway done but will need you pretty soon. So you should get going, Sunshine." A mischievous smirk covered his features.

Now it was my turn to have my mouth hanging open as I smacked his shoulder again. "Wh- What! Xavier, why would you hold me up like this if you knew I was going to go see her." I whined out with a pout. "Now she's going to think I don't care."

Xavier seemed to sober up and shot me a relaxing smile. "Don't worry Sunshine, she definitely won't think that about you. And if you just tell her I held you up she'll have no problem believing it." Kissing my cheek he stated, "We'll leave you alone now, bye."