Chapter 29

Blindly flailing my hands around the bed I tried to find the covers in my sleep-induced state. The room had turned chilly and I couldn't find the comforters anywhere. Though I quickly compromised with the hard surface beneath me that radiated heat, simply snuggling closer to the warmth. I sighed once I got comfortable and nearly fell back into blissful sleep before I realized the bed beneath me was moving.

My head quickly left the hard surface before my eyes strained against the light of the room. Rubbing my eyes to quicken the adjustment I looked down once I could mostly see. Beneath me was Xavier who I was clearly using as a bed. My body laid directly on top of his rather than the mattress as we were stomach to stomach, my head resting under his chin. Xavier seemed to have only shifted in his sleep as he lightly snored, the noise bringing a smile to my face as I stared.

A blush contoured my cheeks as I realized our position and how easily it could become misinterpreted. Our legs were intertwined with one another and my body only rested on Xavier, no contact with the mattress. Though the force overflowed with content at the close contact I would die if Xavier woke up with me laying completely on top of him, awake. Moving to fix this I soon understood why I couldn't easily find the comforter - Xavier's arms were wrapped around me like squeezing pythons and they only got tighter the more I tried to escape.

After several minutes of trying to remove his grasp I huffed and settled back into my previous spot. I would just have to wait for him to wake up as I refused to pester him as he soundly slept. He's a very busy man and I didn't want to impede on his rest when he clearly needed it. Lacing my hands together I placed them on the expanse of his chest, resting my chin on top before tilting my head to get a better angle of his features.

The calm that fell over my form took me by surprise. I would have thought that being fully pressed against Xavier's form would have brought some anxiety up within however it was nowhere to be seen. I had a feeling it had a lot to do with the force exploding with warmth and the fact that he was currently asleep.

I sighed as I examined his features not usually brave enough to get this close for such an extended period of time. Not a single blemish touched his face, the golden hue of his skin making it look so smooth. Long lashes framed his ocean blue's that I yearned to see open, set below the strong arches of his brows. As my eyes made their way across his face they stopped on his lips which made my breath catch. Looking at those lips of his my mind began to wander, recalling the supple feel of them grazing against my own, their pink colour warm and inviting. 

The force buzzed to life the longer I stared, urging me to kiss Xavier's lips. My heart palpitated at the idea though I couldn't help the growing need to do it. I had never actually initiated physical interaction with a male before, which caused some anxiety to nestle in my brain but I knew by now Xavier could be trusted without a doubt. After the way he responded to my past last night there was no question in my mind that he truly cared for me.

Deciding to be brave I settled on giving him a slight peck on the lips. It would be enough to satisfy the urge to do so but not too much that I would freak out in the process. Taking a deep breath my face flushed red as I pushed my way up closer to his face, feeling his even breaths hit my own and the entirety of his body against mine. Powering through, I settled as I was close enough to kiss him, enamored by his beauty. The fact that he was still asleep increased my confidence tenfold as he wouldn't be able to judge if I did something wrong. He might wake up at the action but it wouldn't be as bad as him staring at me while I did it. 

His eyes fluttered for a second making me halt completely but after several more passed I figured I was in the clear. Hovering over his face I slowly closed my eyes as I lowered my lips to his. The second our lips touched I felt the familiar sparks explode, making me smile into the kiss before I began to pull back.