Chapter 9: You Changed The Future, Arthit

Kongpob[08:32am]: What's your apartment number?

Kongpob[08:40am]: Arthit, are you up?

Kongpob[08:45am]: I bought you breakfast

Kongpob[08:55am]: Arthit??

Kongpob calling....

Arthit's POV

My phone was ringing endlessly. Whoever thought it was a good idea to wake me up this early in the morning did not deserve to live.

When the phone wouldn't stop ringing at all, I finally picked it up without looking at the screen.

"Who the hell is this?" My voice was still groggy and eyes still closed.

"Arthit? Were you sleeping? I bought your breakfast. I am right outside your building. What's your apartment number? 

"Kong?"

"Yes, its me. Care to have breakfast with me?"

"How are you calling me through the phone? You are in the future"

"Arthit, I am not in the future, I am right outside."

"Kong you have your own keys. Just come over. Why are you waking me up?"

"Arthit, we just met yesterday. How would I have your house keys already? Although I would love to have them."

"Wait. KONGPOB. Is that you?" I was finally awake and I sprung up on my bed.

"Yes, its me Arthit. Now can I please know your apartment number because I really want to have breakfast with you and these waffles are getting cold."

"Its 2204. You can come up."

I hung up the phone and went straight into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Did I really just confuse this Kongpob with the future Kong? Dammit, they are literally the same person, how am I supposed to even differentiate between them?

I washed my face and adjusted my shirt. I didn't want to look like someone who just woke up, even though I literally just woke up.

Just as I was done, the door bell rang.

I opened the door and saw Kong standing there in the most cutest grey hoodie I had ever seen.

"Good morning, Arthit."

"Good morning."

He ruffled my hairs and came right in. "You look cute in your bed hair."

Dammit, I forgot about fixing my hair.

I patted my hair and closed the door.

"Why are you here Kong?"

"I went out to eat waffles in the morning, but I thought they would taste sweeter if I shared them with you"

How is he three years younger, but still the same flirt?

"You know I really hate waking up early in the mornings. I wouldnt have opened the door if it wasn't you."

"Well then, I am glad I can the special treatment from you." Kongpob moved closer to me and gave me a light peck. "Should I put the waffles on the dining table?"

"Umm. Yeah. Yeah. Lets eat."

We sat down and shared half a waffle each. It was such a simple thing but it meant so much more to me. I had breakfast with the future Kongpob every morning, but we could never share our food. It felt like we were in each other's lives, but in reality, we were in two totally different worlds with invisible boundaries.