Chapter 28: I Love You, Too❤️

Tiny update: Changed the chapter name💗

Kongpob's POV

How could I hate you when I am madly in love with you?"

"Wait, what did you just saw?"

"Uhh.. No-nothing. I said 'How could I hate you' and then I just... stopped talking completely"

"No, Arthit. You said you loved me"

"Uh. Haha. Kong you know" Arthit was scratching the back of his neck, obviously lying. "My landlord told me this apartment might be haunted. May be you heard the ghost saying something crazy"

I chuckled. "I am pretty sure it wasn't a ghost talking, Arthit. But you do look like as pale as a ghost right now.

I couldn't contain my happiness anymore so I decided to grab Arthit by his waist and press my lips on his. "I love you too, Arthit"

To my surprise, Arthit broke the kiss and took a step back. "No. No. Kong. We—we can't do this, Kong."

"What do you mean? You just said you loved me, Arthit."

Arthit had a grim look on his face that I just couldn't decipher.

"I don't know if there is even a world where we can be together, Kong. I am — I am scared of the future. I might become a liability to you and I don't want to be a dead weight in your life." he was teary eyed.

"I swear on god Arthit, I have no idea what you are even talking about. You would never, ever be a liability to me. I grabbed Arthit's hand.  "And who cares about the future? Right here, right now. I am with you and this is our world where we are actually together."

"But what if something bad happens, something really, really bad?"

"What's really been bothering you Arthit? I wish you would just tell me already. " I moved closer and hold Arthit's cheeks. "Is this about the accident?

You have been pretty shaken up since then. I even heard you talking to the mechanic about a GPS device in the car the other day? What really happened?"

"You really want to know, Kong?  Okay..

The mechanics found a GPS tracker at the bottom of the car. Turns out, my dad wants kill my mom so that he can keep all the inheritance and money just for him and his new mistress. That truck on the day of the accident was coming towards us intentionally and it wanted to kill us, or rather, me"

"Wait..What?"

"Oh and I live in this apartment because my dad threw me out of the house when he found out I was gay. Of course now I am realising it was only because he wanted me out of the way so that he could take the house and the company easily without me in his way"

I was just staring at Arthit with worried eyes. I didn't say a word. I didn't know what to say.

"What? Did my complicated life scare you off already? Good.You should leave, Kong. Live a happy normal life and spend more time with your family. You finally have the chance. I'll just create more problems in your life."

Arthit's eyes had fear and loneliness in them. He didn't want me to leave. He just wanted to give me a way out.

I hugged Arthit as tightly as I could. "Arthit, I am so sorry you had to go through all this alone. I wish I knew about this sooner. I don't care how complicated things get, I'll always be by your side. My happy, normal life starts with you. I made you a promise and I'll keep it for the rest of my life."

Arthit was crying badly. He couldn't stop his tears. "Why are you so nice to me?"

Kong chuckled. "Because I love you stupid"

"I—I am so sorry for treating you badly, Kong."

I patted his back. "Its okay Arthit. You have been through a lot.  But I want you to know that you are not alone."

We stayed there hugging each other for a few minutes until Arthit stopped crying.

"You feeling better? I will go freshen up and then lets have breakfast together, okay?"

I cooked breakfast for Arthit and we sat down on the table together to eat. My brain was going through weird emotional swings. Arthit had told me he loved me and that he almost died in the accident last week all in the same minute. I should have been asking Arthit out for a date, but instead, I was too worried thinking about his safety.

After several minutes of eating in awkward silence, I finally spoke up.

"I am sorry for touch your stuff Arthit. I didn't want to pry, I just wanted the house to look clean so that you would feel at least a bit better when you woke up. It will never happen again."

"No Kong. I am sorry for yelling at you. Thank you so much for cleaning the house. I really needed that. I have been so out of my mind the last week, I couldn't even sleep in the apartment."

I put my hands over Arthit's. "You can come sleep at my dorm whenever you want."

"Or you can come here and sleep with me Kong" Arthit was smiling at me. This was the first time I had seen him smile in a whole week. At least we were making improvements. 

I laughed. "Actually, I already saw the spare keys near the door and I was planning on stealing them."

"Whatever happened to you not wanting to pry? Fine just take the spare keys already."

We finished our breakfast and I helped Arthit clean the dishes.

"Umm. Arthit, did you have a look at the tracker that you found inside your mom's Mercedes? May be we could extract some data from it?"

"No, not yet. Its still at the mechanic's. To pick up the car, I need to pay money for the repairs. And to pay the money for it, I need to tell mom about the whole accident"

"Your mom doesn't know about the accident or the GPS tracker thing yet? Does she not know that you dad was behind it?"

"No. My mom.. well.." Arthit was looking down. "Well, she has had issues with alcohol all her life and she struggles from depression too. I just didn't want to give her all the bad news all at once."

"I think you should tell her. You just mended your relationship with her. You shouldn't hide things from her anymore." 

"I know I need to tell her. I have just been trying to delay it as much as I can"

"If there was a tracker in your mom's car, could their be other tracking devices too? Possibly in your house?"

Arthit suddenly looked up. "DAMMIT! I—I hadn't thought about that at all. I need to go check the house today and do a complete clean sweep."

"Dont panic, its just an assumption. May be I am wrong. But its good to be careful"

"Knowing my dad, all that he did and all that he capable of doing, this is a very likely scenario"

"Arthit... If your dad is really trying to harm your mom — Would he try to harm you too? Was that truck really coming for you.

Are you in danger, Arthit?"

---

A/N: Sorry for the late update guys, I have been knee deep in work. And this chapter was really important to me since Arthit finally opens up to Kongpob, so I didn't want to rush it.

Do you think Kongpob could be right about the other trackers? Do you think Arthit is really in danger?

Btw, we finally hear back about Arthit's dad in the next chapter!