Chapter 29: Stop Talking, Arthit

Arthit's POV
"Are you in danger, Arthit"

"I am—not sure. I hope not?" I chuckled.

Kongpob was looking at me with the same worried eyes I had seen before. But now I knew more than anything that pushing him away wouldn't help either of us.

"I am going to go back to my house to talk to mom about everything. If you are free today, would you—would you mind coming with me and scanning the house for any surveillance devices?"

Kongpob smiled. "Of course. I'll just go back to the dorms to take a shower, and then we'll leave?"

"Sounds good"

Kongpob opened the door and he was about to leave when we turned and came back.

"What? Did you forget something?"

Instead of answering. He just smiled and put a light peck on my lips. "Yeah. I forgot to kiss my boyfriend. I'll go now. Lets leave in an hour, okay?"

Kongpob left and I just stood there frozen on my spot. "When—when did I agree to be his boyfriend?"

···

When he got back, we took a bus and walked together from the bus stop towards my house. And I avoided mentioning the B-word at all costs.

"Hey, isn't that the bakery where I met you before?" Kongpob asked

"Yep, its my mom's favourite. I used to come here all the time when I was a kid"

"You looked really nervous when we met that day"

"I was meeting mom for the first time in months and I just didn't expect to see you here. But I am glad we met."

"MORNING, SIR ROJNAPAT"

"What the hell?" I shrieked. The two security guards stationed at the house literally yelled at me as I approached the house.

Uncle Thipat came laughing from inside.

"Uncle you need to stop with your pranks"

"I saw you walking up towards the house and thought I should have some fun. It gets boring in the house without you Arthit. "

"How is that fun, Uncle Thipat. I thought dad was around and I stopped breathing for a second"

"Arthit, I won't ever let your dad enter this house again. And you should get used to people treating you like this. You are the heir to Empire Industries, not him"

"Empire Industries?" Kong was looking at me all confused

Jeez. Did he have to say it out loud in front of Kongpob?

"Oh hello young man, I am sorry I didn't address you before. I am Thipat, I take care of the house and yell at Arthit when he skips his meals."

"Hello, Uncle Thipat, I am Kongpob"

"Are you Arthit's friend?"

We are not going into detail about this right at the front door, so I finally decided to speak up. "Uncle, is mom in her room?"

"Yes, she is."

"Great! We'll go in then. I'll see you later. BYE"

I held Kong's hand and pulled him inside the house. "Hey Kong, I'll go talk to mom. Why don't you start checking my room till then? Take the stairs — My room is first door to the right."