Chapter 30: We Can't Trust Anyone

Arthit's POV
"Arthit, I just found out your dad has been slowly putting all the company money in his private bank account by setting up shell companies. Also he is in still in Bangkok and his mistress is here too.

I think its time we file a criminal and divorce case against him before things get worse"

"Ah. Lets meet tomorrow Uncle and see what we should do"

I put down the phone still staring at the phone screen.

"Is everything okay?" Kongpob was looking at me with worry in his eyes.

"My uncle just called. Turns out my dad has been taking money out of the company's accounts. He is still in Bangkok with his mistress. And uncle wants us to start with a criminal and divorce case against him"

"And what do you think about it?"

"Me? Why does my opinion matter? He's probably right. We should go ahead with it"

"Of course your opinion matters Arthit. Do you trust your Uncle completely?"

"I don't know. I met him this week after several years.

When your own father wrongs you like this, you can't really trust anyone completely, but you have to take some risks."

"No you don't Arthit. The stakes are too high for you to just trust anyone blindly. You could have died in that accident. We could have both been dead. I just found these listening devices all over your room. God only knows how many of these are present in your house. Your dad couldn't have done all this by his own."

I was just staring at Kongpob intently. He was right.

"Arthit, you really need to think about the people you can trust with your life, and keep everyone else out, at least till we resolve this thing"

"I—I trust you, Kong. I trust you with my life. There is no one else I trust more in this world"Kongpob bit his lower lip. "Arthit, I swear to god, if we weren't in a restaurant right now, I would have kissed you like a crazy person right now"

I went all hot and red. "KONG! We were talking about something else"

"I know, I know." Kongpob put his hand over mine. "Thank you for trusting me Arthit. I know we have only known each other for a over a month, but I promise I'll always keep your trust and protect you."

Ah, now he was just being irresistible

I moved forward and stole a kiss from Kongpob quickly, leaving him with shocked look.

"Arthit... what did you just..."

"What? You said you wanted a kiss" I took a big bite of my chocolate pastry and Kongpob just smiled. And so we shared the pastry in silence, just beaming smiles at each other

"Hey Arthit, have you always had the same staff at home?"

"More or less I guess. Some people might come and ago, but most of them have been there for years. Uncle Thipat has been with us since before I was born."

"Do you trust Uncle Thipat? You don't think he might be passing on information to your dad?"

"I thought about it, but I don't think so. He was the one who encouraged me to meet mom. He was the reason I was even able to meet mom at the bakery that day. In fact, when I met dad at the house on the day of the accident, he was truly surprised when he saw me. Uncle Thipat knew I was coming to the house that day, he wouldn't have let me meet mom if he was working with dad.After all, mom was supposed to be driving the car that day, not me. "