Chapter 19: What's Up With Arthit's Dad?

Arthit's POV

"The future changed. The accident was supposed to happened at 11am, but it happened at 1pm instead.

And who the hell did you kiss?"

"Wait. Hold on." I was trying my best to process all the information Kongpob had just thrown at me. "How can the accident time change? You told me no matter what happened, no matter how much the future changed, the accident never changed."

"It didn't. But about 15 minutes ago I had this massive headache. The outcome didn't change. We are still at the same point in the timeline, but somehow the timing of the whole accident shifted by 2 hours.

I waited for you longer than I did in the last timeline. Your text saying you have a personal emergency arrived late, and then I left with my dad right after. I remember the clock in the car was at 1:10pm when we had the accident."

"This doesn't.. this doesn't make sense Kongpob. Either the accident should happen or it shouldn't happen. Why is there a two hour difference suddenly?"

"I don't know. I am trying to think if I have any new memories that would explain this."

Kongpob pulled me by the waist and gave me a grim look. "But first, you need to tell me who you kissed because I really can't focus on anything else right now."

I looked at him all confused. "Kong is that really the most important thing here?"

"It is, to me" "I kissed you, Kong. Who else would I kiss? You don't have any new memories of that yet?"Kongpob was taken aback. "Uh. No." He titled his head and looked at me with teasing eyes. "But you really kissed me?"

"Kong, we are literally two days away from the accident. We can discuss all of this later.

You need to sit down and think about your new memories so that we can understand why the accident changed suddenly."

He took a deep breath. "Okay. But we definitely need to discuss this later.

Lets think about the other thing for now. What did you do today? May be something triggered the change?"

"I had lunch with mom this afternoon. We talked a bit. I asked her to have breakfast together on the day of the accident, like we planned"

"And she said she would meet you?"

"Yes, of course. She also told me she isn't drinking at all and she has been taking her medicines regularly. Nothing out of the ordinary there"

"What did you do after lunch?"

"I went to the college for SOTUS meetings. In the evening, you texted me saying you were at the college admissions office and wanted to meet. Then.. we met for sometime and I came back home."

"You..you gave me a tour of the college...?

"YES! Do you remember it now?"

"Wait... HOLD UP. You... Arthit you really kissed me at the SOTUS hall?" Kongpob had his hand on his mouth and his eyes looked like they'd pop out any second.

"It was just a light peck and it wasn't that —"

"It wasn't a light peck. I remember there was some tongue action"

"KONGPOP SHUT UP. Can we focus on the other thing here please? I am scared I messed things up by meeting you today"

"Okay, I won't tease you, but Arthit, I don't think you messed anything up. 

If anything, I think we are moving in the right direction. The accident finally changed, even if it was just by a few hours, but it did change. We just need to make slight adjustments to our plan."