Chapter 14: How Do I Save Arthit?💔 (Part 2)

"Kongpob. What the hell are you doing here? I told you to stay away from Arthit for sometime."
Two guys. I saw them in my new memory when I was taking Arthit to the hospital.

Bright and Prem. They are Arthit's friends.

But why are they here?

It was Bright who spoke first. "Arthit, where the hell did you even find all this beer? I left the house for just an hour."

"You won't let me die and now you wouldn't even let me drink in peace?"

"No we won't let you drink Arthit because you can't handle it, especially over your other medicines"

Prem glared at me angrily. I could feel him getting offensive. "Kongpob wear your shirt for god's sake and come with me outside. Bright, you stay with Arthit here and call his doctor."

I could already see Arthit's hands shaking and he started breathing heavily. "Kong, you can't leave me. You promised you won't leave me. Are you going because of the marks on my wrists? You can't stand me anymore?"

Arthit's eyes were blood shot and he couldn't even focus. There was something very, very wrong.

Was Arthit still going through depression? I needed to be careful with how I talked to him.

"No. Arthit. Absolutely not. You know I would never leave you. I promised you that. I am just going outside to talk to Prem for five minutes and I will be back, I promise."

"Why do you need to talk outside? Why can't you talk here?

Prem, are you going to make Kong leave me again?

"I know I am the reason your dad is in the hospital. I tried to change the future for you Kong but it didn't work." Arthit was crying now

"Its not your fault Arthit. It was never your fault." I hugged him tightly.

"Its all my fault Kong. I destroyed your life and I continue to create problems for you." Arthit was shaking, I tried to hug him tighter but it didn't help.

"Arthit, I love you. You know that right? You have never been a problem to me. I'll just talk to Prem outside for five minutes and I'll come back. Okay?"

"Hmmm..."

Prem opened the backdoor. "Lets go to the garden, Kong. Bright you stay here with Arthit"

Prem looked furious and absolutely livid. "Kongpob, why are you here, again? We already discussed that you should not see Arthit for a few months after what happened the last time..."

"The last time...?"

"Don't pretend ignorance Kongpob. Arthit has already attempted suicide four times because he can't get over the guilt that his mom put your dad in a coma in her drunken rage. You are the source of all that guilt but you continue to show up every time he calls because of that stupid promise you made years ago"

Four times.

Slowly and steadily, all the new memories I had started making sense.

"But we can take him to better doctors. We can put caretakers around him to make sure he doesnt drink or do anything unsupervised. We can save Arthit"

"Kongpob, we have gone over this so many times. You remember what the doctor's said ,right? Arthit's mental illness isnt just psychological, its physiological too. His mom suffered from depression for a long time as well.

The doctors are giving him all the right medicines, but even they cant help him if he doesnt stop drinking everyday"

"Arthit has been drinking everyday..."