Chapter 21: The Accident Day (Part 1)

Arthit's POV
"Arthit, wake up. Its time"

Kongpob woke me up, but I just wasn't ready to leave him yet. "A few more minutes, Kong. Please"

"Wake up, Arthit." Kong kissed my cheek. "Otherwise you'll get late. Lets have some coffee together. You'll have breakfast with your mom anyway." Yes, I had to meet mom today I took a deep breath and finally got out of bed. By the time, I took a shower and got ready, Kong was already sitting on the dining table with his coffee.

"You ready for the big day Arthit?" He was trying his best to smile, but I could see through Kong, every time. He was sad and scared.

I made my coffee and sat next to him."I don't know yet"

"Remember, your dad might be there and you remember what I told you about him right?

"Yes, I remember."

"You need to eliminate as many triggers as you can"

"I know Kong, you have told me all that already.But Kong... How—how will I know if I fixed things?"

Kongpob looked down at his coffee. "You won't find me here Arthit"

"Kong.." I looked at him. We were both trying to hide our tears and failing miserably at it.

Kongpob put down his coffee and cupped my cheeks. "I'll still be with you and you will be with me, Arthit. After three years, I'll wake up all confused next to you and that's when you'll kiss me, and we will celebrate changing the future."

Kong kissed me, one last time. I could taste the coffee and his tears. I could feel the love he had for me. I just didn't know if I would ever be able to become worthy of his love.

I picked up the keys to Bright's car and got up to leave.

"I'll — I'll leave them. You take care, okay?"Kongpob hugged me tightly. "I don't want you to feel guilty if things go wrong. I want you to be happy, whether we are together or not. That will be enough for me."

I put my arms across Kongpob's waist and tried my best to hide my tears. "You will wait for me at the apartment all day right?"

"Yes, I will be here. If things go wrong, try to look for me at the apartment." Kong broke the hug and looked me in the eyes. "But right now, you need to leave Arthit"

···

I left the apartment with a heavy heart and went to the bakery I was supposed to meet mom at.

She wasn't there when I reached, which was weird because she always came before me. I waited for her for a couple of minutes before calling her — but she wouldn't pick up my calls. I tried her phone continuously, but still no answer.

Did dad really come back like Kong told me he would?

I decided to call Uncle Thipat before going to the house.

"Hello Uncle Thipat? I have been trying to reach mom but she isn't picking up. Is she still at home?"

"Yes she is at home Arthit. Actually your..."

"Dad came home, didn't he?"

"Yes, he came back in the morning today. Arthit, I am not sure if I should tell you this but they have been fighting since he came back. They are in your dad's study right now. The door is closed, but I can still hear the yelling."

"Uncle, make sure mom doesn't leave the house. I will be there soon."I was 10 mins away from the house and I ran as fast as I could. I anticipated dad coming back, but I did not expect him to get into a fight with mom the first thing in the morning. May be Kong was right, may be dad was really the trigger for mom to start drinking again.

I reached the house and ran straight towards the study. The door was still closed but I could clearly hear them talking.

"I gave my whole life to you and you really want to divorce me? Just because our son doesn't like women? He is still the same Arthit."

"No, I am not divorcing you because of Arthit. I am divorcing you because your alcohol addiction and manic phases have ruined our family. You were so busy drinking away that you couldn't raise our only son properly, and now look what happened.

I wanted Arthit to take over my company and marry a girl with a good family background. But how am I supposed to introduce him to the company shareholders now, knowing who he really is?"

"It is not 'your' company. It is our company that you built using my father's money. I might have had my issues with alcohol, but Arthit turned out to be an amazing son. And I am not even drinking anymore. I haven't had a drink in weeks."

Dad chuckled. "The problem isn't that you can't resist drinking. The problem is, once you start, you don't know how to stop. You know what? Here. Its your favourite bottle of whisky, isn't it?

I'll make you a drink, just the way you like it. If you finish it and not go for a second round of drink, I will believe you and won't divorce you."

He really was the trigger. Kongpob was right all along.

I was mad angry. I opened the door to the study room and the first thing I did was smash that whisky bottle on the floor. This bottle that was about to cause so much chaos in my life and this man right here, who was no longer worthy of being my father.

"Arthit, what the hell are you doing here?"

-----

A/N: Double updates, next part coming right up!