Chapter 23: The Accident Day (Part 3)

Arthit's POV
"ARTHIT! MOVE! THE TRUCK!"

I looked ahead and there was a truck coming right towards us. I made a split second decision to swerve the car to the side of the road in order to avoid the truck. But while doing so, we hit a tree with enormous impact.

My head hit the steering wheel and for a second my mind went completely blank.

"Arthit?

Arthit? Are you okay?

Can you hear me?"

"Yea.. I am fine Kong. You are yelling too loudly." I looked at Kong. "Are you okay? Did you get hurt anywhere?"

"I am okay. I didn't get hurt." I checked Kong for any injuries.

"But.. Ar-Arthit your head, its bleeding.."

I tilted my head to check my face in the mirror. "Its just a scratch."

I got out of the car inspect the damage. The hood had completely rammed into the tree, but at least we were both okay. Things could have been worse if we hit the truck.

"But the truck was coming right towards us until I moved the car to the side. How the hell did the truck even come on the wrong side of the road?"

"That's exactly what I was thinking." Kong got out of the car too. "I memorized the number plate of the truck."

"You did? Did you get a look at the driver?"

"No, unfortunately. But you should definitely report it for insurance purposes. Your mom's car is ruined. I am so sorry. This is all my fault. I shouldn't have asked you to come pick me up. I should have left with left with dad and—"

"STOP! KONG! You did the right and I did the right thing. The car was supposed to get ruined in the accident anyway"

"What do you mean?"

I put my hands on Kongpob's shoulders. "It means that you are alive, I am alive, and nobody died. That's all that matters, Kong.

Its just a car, anyway"

"Its not just a car Arthit, its a damn Mercedes..."

"It is just a car, Kong. I told you, you are more important to me. Now you call a cab for us so we can take your stuff to the dorms and I will call a towing company to pick up the car."

The car was towed to the mechanics and we took a taxi together. The college was just 10 mins away and I was hoping to reach there without anymore interruptions.

I decided to call Prem while we were still in the taxi.

"Hello Prem? Is Mom still sleeping?"

"Yes, but Bright ate all the cake in your fridge. When are you coming back?"

"Actually," I looked at Kong. He was staring intently at me with worried eyes. "I had a small accident on the way. Can you ask Bright to come pick me up at college?"

"Accident? Arthit, what the hell? You left the house so suspiciously and now you had an accident. Are you okay? Is your mom's car alright?"

"I am okay. The car is not. Don't tell mom anything right now. You stay there with her and only send Bright."

"I will. But Arthit, are you seriously okay? Do you need to go to the hospital to get checked up?

"No, I am okay Prem. I need to go. Bye"