Chapter 20: My Last Night With Kongpob

Arthit's POV
Things finally seemed like they were falling right in place. I borrowed Bright car. I called mom again to remind her about our breakfast together tomorrow. I decided to take her to the bakery near the house where we first met so she could just walk to the bakery and she wouldn't have to drive.

I also called Kong and told her that there was fumigation happening in the dorms and rooms wouldn't be available for the freshmen till at least 6pm. 

He was a little confused, but he trusted me enough to believe me. I made him promise to call me if I get to late and not to leave without me because the 'rooms might not be ready.'

With all the plan in place, I came back to the apartment while the sun was still out. I wanted to spend some time with Kong, my Kong — The one who started all of this and completely changed my life.

I went to the kitchen to prepare for dinner when I heard Kong come in. He looked haggard and worried. I could see right through him.

"Something happened in the future again, didn't it?"

"Actually, Arthit..."

"I don't want to hear it Kong. Not right now. Lets just have dinner.

Do you want to cook something with me or order takeout? I would love to cook for you too, but as you know, we don't really live normal lives right now where we can share things with each other."

"I'll cook with you" He tried his best to smile but it wasn't really working.

"Good."

We made our dinner side by side, just like before when everything seemed less complicated, when I thought Kongpob was just a ghost stuck in the living realm.

As we sat down for dinner, Kongpob finally spoke up again. "Arthit, Today I found out.."

"Not now Kong. Lets just eat and not talk about the problems in our lives for once. I just want to have a normal dinner with you."

"Okay" He was playing with his noodles but he wasn't eating anything. Something was obviously bothering him, but I just didn't want to talk about it yet.

"Actually Kong, tell me something about the future. Not my future. Or Yours.

Just the future in general. What does the world look like three years from now?"

He chuckled. "I am not sure if I should tell you all those details, you know the butterfly effect and stuff?"

"Then, just tell me some general stuff. PLEASE"

Kongpob was swaying his head for a while. He couldn't really decide what to say. "There is this weird app called Tik Tok that everyone is addicted to. My agency wants me to make Tik Tok videos to get more fans."

"What is a TIK TOK? Are people not playing Pokemon Go anymore? Everyone has been catching Pokemons here. I thought that game would stay popular for years"

Kongpob shook his head again. "No. Not really Arthit."

"What else? Tell me something more interesting."

"Well.. there is a weird virus going around right now, but I am sure that will soon get under control."

"Kong I asked you for something interesting and this is what you tell me? Really?"

"Experts say if it isn't controlled, it could affect the whole world badly. Countries would be put under lockdown and we wouldn't be able to leave our homes"

"Kong, stop giving me story lines from apocalyptic movies." I hissed. "If you don't want to tell me about the future, its fine. But you don't have to make up stories. Just eat your damn dinner"