Chapter 1

Mina's POV

"Uugghh," I groaned throwing my arm on my nightstand searching for my alarm clock to stop that annoying beeping. After knocking my calculator and my pencil bag down to the floor I finally found it, pressing all the buttons excessively till my ears were at rest. My eyes were only slightly open still wanting to close and surrender to sleep but today was my first day of school and starting off at a new school on a bad note was not on my to-do list.

I sighed, throwing myself up out of my sheets and on to the floor only to notice how messy my hair was looking in the mirror. I didn't consider myself to be "pretty." My friends always said I was but what they didn't know is how I was practically a dude growing up. Being raised by a single dad didn't really mean you grew up with a sense of fashion. When I finally got older, my friends helped me become more girly. You know skirts, makeup, and whatever. Or at least they tried. But I refused to give up my converse.

After taming my hair and getting in my uniform which consisted of a blue plaid skirt, a white shirt, and a little blue criss-cross tie, I browsed my collection of converse. Dad had bought me a pair every birthday and every time I would draw a new scene on it. They were kinda beaten up by this point but I still loved them. After putting on my yellow high tops that had planets doodled on them, I grabbed my bag and ran to the kitchen to find my dad in his suit looking snazzy.

"Morning Appa!" I ran behind him to give him a hug and reached over his shoulder to reach the basket of plastic-wrapped pastries.

He turned around to face me glowing with a smile, coffee in his hand, "Ahh Morning Mina. You ready for your first day?" he patted my head before handing me my paper bag lunch.

"Ya. I gotta go or I'll be late! Bye Appa!" I grabbed the lunch and ran towards the door waving back at him.

He had gotten a new job in Seoul which meant we had to move. Leaving my old friends was hard but what could you do? My dad got a job that paid a lot more and he was just looking out for me and my future.

The walk from my house to the high school wasn't long but the moment I realized it was raining I started to sprint. It felt like an eternity. I approached the gates breathless with my hair damp. Students were all running towards shelter and here I was hopeless and soaked.

Suddenly the drops on my head stopped and a shadow came over me. There was a boy holding an umbrella over my head, smiling.

"Need some help?" he asked with a grin. I stared at him unsure of what to do. His shoulder was getting wet and my eyes drifted towards his name tag.

Choi Yeonjun.

Words refused to come out of my mouth and I slightly pointed to his shoulder. He turned his head realizing his blazer was getting wet and shook his head, "It's alright. You're the one who's getting drenched." He nudged his head towards the doors of the school, "Let's go."

We walked towards the door through the sound of the rain hitting the leaves of the trees and the windows of the building. When we were finally covered he closed the umbrella to reveal his face in the light.

He was handsome. Very handsome. Like kdrama idol handsome. Handsome to the point when you're breathless. Blue hair and brown eyes. An odd combination but he made it work so well.

"T-Thank you," I muttered out nervously with my arms crossed trying to warm myself up.

"No problem," he held his hand out to me, "I'm Yeonjun. Nice to meet you."

I eyed his hand and shook it hesitantly, "I'm Park Mina. Nice to meet you too."

His eyes widen at the touch of my hand, "Your hands are so cold." I pulled it back away embarrassed, "S-Sorry."