Chapter 6

Mina's POV

"What about this?"

Ji Ah was in my room picking out clothes I could wear for the party we were heading to. It was being held by one of Yeonjun's friends. Practically all of the upperclassmen were invited to the party. A beginning of the year party, mostly an excuse not to do homework on a Saturday night.

She picked out a white flowy wrap dress that had small little yellow flowers patterned all over the fabric. "Mmmmm. Isn't it too nice for a party?" I said sitting on my bed in my shorts and an oversized hoodie.

"Ani," she shook her head, "You'll look cute trust me." I groaned as she pulled me up and stuffed the dress in my hands pushing me into my bathroom. I put on the dress and looked at myself in the mirror. I gave a small smile at how I looked. My confidence grew slightly at the thought that could embrace the way I looked. I walked out to see Ji Ah's mouth open.

"Told you," she grabbed my arms and lifted them up twirling me around making the dress fly up, "it looks amazing on you."

"Can't forget these," I reached down towards the foot of the bed and grabbed my red high top converse. These ones had quotes written all over them. Quotes from my favorite authors and a couple from my dad too. My favorite one of his was "I'm your superhero, here to save the day."

"Turn around," I turned to see Ji Ah approaching me with a tube of lip gloss.

"Ani," I shook my head.

"Mina. You already have an amazing complexion but I need to work my magic."

"Ji Ah. Lip gloss is so sticky though," I groaned and stuck my tongue out.

"Okay," she sighed, "lip tint it is then. Come here." I sat on the bed while she put it on my lips. It actually looked kinda nice. My lips were a plump rosy pink. We headed downstairs to the kitchen after I grabbed my jean jacket.

"Look who's prettied up?" my dad was smiling at us sitting on the stool with his laptop on the kitchen island.

"Thank you, Mr. Park," Ji Ah bowed to him, "I have the magic touch when it comes to these things."

"I can see that. Mina never wants to get out of her sweaters," both of them chuckled at me while I was searching for my house keys.

"Haha. Very funny," I said to both of them, "We'll see you later Appa!" I kissed him on the cheek and we both headed out.

"Stay safe sweetheart!"

***

"I'm so scared Ji Ah."

She rubbed my arm as we walked into the big house full of teenagers holding red cups and music that echoed throughout the rooms. "You'll be fine," she spoke in a soft voice, "Just relax and enjoy yourself okay?"

We approached the main living room area only to be stopped by a boy holding a glass bowl full of while pieces of paper, "Names."

"Just follow my lead," Ji Ah whispered to me and then wrote down both our names on small rectangles of paper and dropped them inside.

The boy casually walked away leaving me there stunned, "What was that for?"

"They always have games at these parties. They're usually fun just don't get forced into anything you don't want to do," she smiled at me before eyeing the crowd as if she was searching for someone. Her eyes grew and turned to me, "Want to meet my boyfriend?"

"B-Boyfriend?"

She dragged me towards a cluster of boys in the kitchen. There were six of them all chatting around the kitchen island munching on chips and guac. "Jagiya," Ji Ah tapped the shoulder of a tall boy in a pink sweater, "Mina this is Eunwoo. Eunwoo this is Mina." The boy turned around presenting a glowing smile on his face.