Chapter 21

Mina's POV

"Is it good?"

I slowly nodded while taking another bite. Yoongi and I were sitting on the curb in front of a convenience store eating breaded fish ice cream. He carried me on his back all the way here when I refused to get up. In the end, I enjoyed the ice cream and the sounds of the birds chirping but the words of the stupid letter still stabbed me in my heart.

After all these years, thinking she was gone, thinking I didn't have a mother with me cause she was taken away. Now I realized that she probably chose to leave, that she still existed but wasn't at my side, that hurt even worse.

My eyes were still puffy red and my heart was still hurting but having Yoongi at my side made it a little better. Both of us were damaged inside but together we were one fixed whole.

"So what are you gonna do?" Yoongi broke the silence and turned to me.

"I don't know," I muttered into the sleeves of my sweater, "maybe ask my dad. He'd tell the truth right?"

"If you ask for the truth I'm sure it'll come out, whether he likes it or not."

I took a giant bite of the ice cream taking it in whole and huffed out all my emotions. I was a mess. Yoongi began scooting closer to me and held his hand out, "Eat the rest of mine." He curved his lips into a smirk and let out a little laugh, "I know you want it."

"But the tail is your favorite part," I pouted. He shook his head before waving it in front of my face, "it's gonna melt, Mina."

I chuckled before taking it from his hands and letting out a soft thank you. Once I finished it in a couple of bites we began walking back to my house.

As we walked his hand brushed mine repeatedly until I felt his fingers interwoven with mine. I looked down at our hands and then at him. He was blushing hard and looking away and down at the floor.

"Yahh. Who knew you'd be into skinship?" I laughed.

He blushed even harder before muttering with his eyes darting between me and the ground, "N-No I'm not really."

I scooted my shoulder against his and leaned my head towards him smirking, "That's not what I thought when you kissed me like a maniac last night."

I tried to act cool and collective even though my heart was racing at the memory of him kissing me last night and I think his was too. He cleaned his throat getting more flustered with every second, "Yah. You kissed back."

"You're right. I did," I said clenching his hand tighter, "it was nice." We both laughed and continued our walk back. Once we got back he changed back into his clothes and decided to go home.

"Are you doing anything tonight?" he asked me standing in the doorway of the front door.

I sighed still overcome by emotion and shook my head, "Ani."

"Be ready by 7."

"What?" I tilted my head to the side. He nudged his head, "We're cheering you up tonight." He gave me an assuring smile, his lips curved to perfection.

"Okay," I said hesitantly. 

"And bring Ji Ah too."

"Where exactly are we going?"

***

"What do you mean you don't know where we're going?" Ji Ah asked me sitting on my bed. She had arrived while I was still getting ready and putting on my jeans, wrap yellow top, and black jacket.