Chapter 22

Yoongi's POV

"What are you doing?"

I had just woken up slightly hungover to find Mina not in my arms. My heart was momentarily saddened until I rolled over and realized she was sitting on the floor surrounded by scattered envelopes and pieces of paper.

"Solving a puzzle," she purses her lips together at me before looking back at the piece of paper in her hand, "I made haejangguk for your hangover. It's in the kitchen."

I let out a faint smile before shuffling my feet to the kitchen. I sat on the floor next to her with the bowl in my hand chewing through my words, "So what did you find out?"

"So if this is my," she paused and sighed out before her lips threw out an uncomfortable word, "mom. Then my mom has been sending letters and a check once a year for fifteen years straight."

"But your eighteen."

"I know," she said rubbing the back of her head, "and my dad said my mom died when I was two. So does that mean he's been saying she's dead ever since she left?"

"Well, how do you know she left?"

She shook her head and ruffled her hands in the pile of paper that laid before her, "Well what else would have happened?"

I slowly put down the bowl and scooted towards her after watching her run her hands through her hair and whisper to herself, "I'm such a mess."

It pained me seeing her like this. She had always been the type to persist through things, to find the silver lining in unfortunate situations. But now she was breaking into pieces caused by tiny cracks that seemed to get bigger and deeper.

"It's okay," I breathed out and hugged her, "we're all just big giant messes." Her head fit perfectly into the crook of my neck and I got lost in the way she smelled like cherry blossoms.

"Thank you for taking care of this big ball of mess."

"We messes have to take care of each other," I whispered back in a sweet tone and brushed a piece of hair back around her ear before pecking her on the lips. I noticed how deep the bags were under her eyes even though she was glowing from the smile of her face.

"How long have you been up?"

"I don't know," she shrugged her shoulders that were still wrapped in my embrace, "a few hours."

"That means you barely slept last night doesn't it?"

She shrugged again at my response and I shook my head. "Come here," I said somberly. I picked her up bridal style and placed her on the bed. "Sleep," I sat by her side eating away at the bowl of now warm haejangguk. "What?" she murmured out.

"I'm not leaving your side till you fall asleep." She groaned at my persistence and covered her shoulders with the blankets dozing off into a deep sleep.

I finished my stew in silence while her breathing became heavy and slow. I began to start cleaning up the pile of colorful envelopes scanning each one before putting them back into their envelope. They all pretty much said the same thing.

Here's the money. How's Mina? Till next time.

But one caught my attention that was written a couple of years ago.

Is there any way she could stay with me? I want to get to know her.

Stay with her?

The thought of Mina staying with her mom and getting to know her was good in retrospect. But then that would mean she would be away from me. And then I did something I shouldn't have done.