Chapter 18

Yoongi's POV

"Hello?"

I was laying on the couch in my halmeoni's house dozing off. Well that was until my phone started buzzing and scared the crap out of me.

"Yoongi. Have you talked to Mina lately?" Yeonjun's voice was weak and out of breath. I looked towards the clock of the wall noticing it was almost 8 pm. "No. Didn't you have a date tonight?" I said out of annoyance.

"There was an emergency with my car and my phone died too. I ended up being stuck at a train station in Munsan." I shot my body up. "Yeonjun that's like an hour away from here. Where's Mina?"

"I don't know. She's not answering my calls." I groaned at the thought of her being ditched without knowing the reason, "I'll take care of it."

I hung up on him before he could say anything else. Then I noticed Jungkook texted me.

Jungkookie
Yah. I found Mina alone at the movies near the old business district. Didn't she have a date tonight?

Me
Ya but Yeonjun ditched her because of some stupid emergency.

Jungkookie
I'd get your butt over here if I were you. She's all alone. I also think she's crying.

I jumped up then and there and ran to my room to grab my jacket. I stumbled into the kitchen to grab the house key when halmeoni noticed me. "What's going on Yoongi?" she said while diving her hands into the plastic bowl full of kimchi.

I scoured the back counter with my back facing her, "I have to go help Mina."

As I turned around I noticed her lips had curved into a smile, "Is my Yoongi gonna go save the girl he loves?"

"What halmeoni?" I froze in my tracks and stared at her in disbelief. "What?" she snarked at me, "You may be hard to read to others but to me I know what you're thinking like the back of my hand." I didn't say anything not knowing what to do. She had me all figured out, spilling out words that I knew were true, words that I wished did not hit me so hard.

"What are you waiting for? Go!" she motioned me towards the front door and I ran out dropping everything.

***

I was breathless after running all the way here. During the entire run, my heart was racing as was my brain.

How could Yeonjun be so careless with her?

I rested my hands on my knees scanning the outside of the theater. Then I saw her sitting on a bench with her hands in her lap and her head down.

"Yah. Mina," I spoke as I walked up to her. She lifted her head to let me see her eyes that were dry but slightly puffy. "Oh Yoongi," she spoke, "what are you doing here? Did Jungkook tell you I was here?"

I nodded before sitting down next to her. She glanced at me before turning back towards her lap, "So I guess you heard."

I kept quiet again only humming as a response. "It's alright. I mean he had an emergency." I listened to her brushing off Yeonjun's half-ass excuses. "He could have told you," I muttered to myself.

She turned after hearing my response, "I mean he did after he finally charged his phone," she laughed to my disbelief, "Either way. I don't think there would have been a second date." She began smiling and turned to me staring into my eyes as if she had realized she had dodged a bullet.

I unconsciously started to smile though I still knew I never had a chance with her. I got up to stand in front of her, "Come on."

"What?" she asked darting her eyes at me. I groaned and yanked her arm before running. "Yah. My arm," she whined while we ran and finally approached the doors of the arcade.

"Remember that arcade we always went to as kids?" I said to her as we walked through the aisles of machines and games. The blinking lights reflected on her pale skin and created a glowing outline of her as she smiled and looked around us.

"Ya. I remember," she spoke cheerfully and turned to me, "I remember I beat your ass in almost every game." She started chuckling but stopped the moment yanked her by her arm and dragged her over to the basketball shooting game.

"Yah. This isn't fair! You play basketball all the time," she whined while I began dropping coins into the slot. "That's the point," I nudged her in the shoulder with mine laughing. "Yoonggiiii-"

"123START!" I yelled interrupting her as the game buzzed start. I started laughing watching the balls roll down. I was winning, in the beginning, laughing my heart out while she was clumsily missing most of her shots.

Then I was nudged to the side by a force from her. "Yah!" I yelled while she kept bumping into me with her shoulder grinning menacingly. "Come on Yoongi. I thought you were a master at basketball," she teased me grinning as she messed me up and started making her shots. I was laughing at her goofiness unaware of reality until the buzzer went off. I lost by 1 point.

"Wohooo. Mina is a master basketball player," she yelled and cheered flinging her arms in the air. "Yah. That's so unfair," I whined running my hand through my hair. She just kept laughing and I could help but give one of my gummy smiles. I'd never realized that the times I smiled the most was when I was with her.

She finally stopped laughing and took a breath recovering from her fit. "Tonight wasn't as bad as I thought it would be," she breathed out, "even if it is totally different than I thought it would be." I nodded in agreement and noticed her walking away from me.

She walked up to a claw machine and placed her hands flat on the glass glaring at the stuffed animals inside. Whatever she was drawn to, it pulled her hard. Her inner child was pulled out of her sub-conscience and overtook her whole being. She started rummaging through her pocket before dropping in coins one at a time.

"What are you doing?" I asked standing next to her. "I need to return the favor for what you did tonight don't I?" she turned to me and smiled. Her face was glowing as much as her eyes. Then she turned back to face the glass and muttered under her breath, "also for what you did at the party."

"What?"

"Jungkook told me," and with that, the game buzzed and she yanked on the joystick towards a Charizard plushie. I let out a little laugh at her action and then my eyes widened at the fact that she got it on the first try.

Her eyes gleamed as she grabbed it from the bin and stuffed it into my arms. "Thank you Yoongi," her smile was brighter than all the blinking lights around us, "Plus I think your Pikachu needed a friend."

I smiled at her gesture before looking at the plushie and patting its head. I put the plushie down to see Mina staring at me, almost entranced. "Are you hungry?" I asked her.

She playfully winked at me and shot a finger gun at me, "Always!"