Chapter 17

Mina's POV

"You look great."

I stood in front of the mirror running my hands down my jeans. Ji Ah picked out a baby blue top and a black jacket to go along with dark jeans. I was wearing stud earrings and black converse. My face was flushed at the fact that I was going on my first date in thirty minutes.

"What's wrong Mina?" Ji Ah was sitting on my bed with her legs crossed over each other.

"I think I'm just a little nervous."

She kept her eyes on me as I spoke to the mirror, "How'd your first date with Eunwoo go?" Her eyes drifted towards the ceiling as she dug back to the memories of the past, "It was fun. We went to a drive-in after getting fast food."

That sounded nice. I wanted to feel relaxed but I was clenching my stomach as an uneasy feeling crept up my back. I sighed out loud not noticing Ji Ah picking up the picture frame from my nightstand. "Is this you?" she asked pointing at the picture of baby me, my mom and dad.

"Ya."

"Is that your mom?"

"Ya," I responded bluntly. She died when I was really little and my dad never really talked about her. That picture was the only picture I had of her for some reason. Then she gasped, "Is this Yoongi?!"

She was gripping onto the other picture frame with her jaw dropped. I laughed and walked over to her before sitting next to her on the bed, "Ya. Isn't he adorable?" I took the frame from her hand and looked at the picture.

He really was adorable. Still is.

I turned my head to find Ji Ah staring at me with her mouth curved into a small smile. "What?" I asked her. She shook her head pursing her lips together, "Nothing. You should leave now. Don't want to be late."

We headed to the kitchen to find my dad at the kitchen island on his computer, "Evening Ji Ah."

"Evening Mr. Park," she bowed before tapping me on the shoulder, "Mina. I'm gonna head out. Bye Mr. Park." She left the kitchen leaving me with my dad who was smiling at me, "You look beautiful Mina."

"Thanks appa. And don't worry I won't be home late," I said while filing through the mail on the counter. "Just stay safe. Once you leave, I'm gonna head out to the airport. I won't be home for a couple days because of the business trip. Will you be alright without me?"

"I'll be fine appa. Just make sure you eat before you leave."

He went back to his work while I flipped through the envelopes one by one. But then I stopped when I encountered a letter that was handwritten. All the others were random promotional letters from random credit card companies or the bank. In a sudden flash, my heart dropped at the sight of the return address.

Park Nayeon
1207, 서울, 중랑구, 면목본동, 406-11

That's my mom's name.

I looked back towards my dad whose eyes were still fixed on the computer. I quietly walked out of the kitchen with the letter in my hand at my side and headed to my room. If I didn't leave now I'd be late but the envelope still made me easy.

What was my mom's name doing on an envelop addressed to my dad?

I shook it off and stuffed it into my drawer before grabbing my phone and heading to the theater.

***

Where is he?

I'd been sitting here on a bench outside of the theater for an hour now all alone. With every minute that passed by I fell deeper in a state of sadness. I would watch people walk past me lost in their own worlds filled with laughter and conversation. I wanted that.

I had tried calling him but he never answered. It was getting cold. Cold to the point that whenever I breathed out a mist of air came out. I curled up against my legs and stuffed my head into my knees. Tears started to roll down my cheeks.

I don't know why I was crying. I couldn't tell if it was because I was being ditched or if it was because the person I'd rather be with right now wasn't Yeonjun. It was puzzle pieces that didn't fit together and I'd only realized that out now.

"Mina?" I looked up to find Jungkook standing in front of me. I sloppily wiped away my tears, "Oh hey Jungkook. What are you doing here?"

"I'm going to go watch a movie with a friend," he walked up closer to me, "Why are you crying?"

"I'm just," I sniffled through my words, "waiting for a friend."

He nodded his head unconvinced of my words, "Ahh. I see. I don't mean to intrude but is it Yeonjun?"

I slowly nodded partially feeling ashamed of my vulnerability, "He asked me out on a date. We got close ever since that night at the party."

"That night at the party," his words drifted off, "Funny how your fell for Yeonjun and not Yoongi."

"What?" I asked in disbelief, "What's that supposed to mean?" I understood the fact that I had something with Yoongi even if I didn't know what it was but his words made no sense to me.

He chuckled and covered his mouth with the back of his hand, "You still don't know what happened that night?"

"Jungkook, what happened that night?"