Chapter 3

Yoongi's POV

Another day, another detention. I decided to take a nap. Mr. Kim's punishments weren't as harsh compared to all the other teachers but they sure were boring. That just meant more sleeping time for me. But the earlier events of the day replayed in my head. I tried to go to sleep but that girl still stirred in my head. It's like if seen her somewhere before.

*Flashback Dream*

"SUUUGGAAAA!" her shrill voice echoed in my ear as I sat in the tunnel that led down to the slide trying to hide from her. I couldn't believe she was leaving school. She was my only friend. The only one would play pokemon cards with me. I heard climbing sounds coming up from behind me. I refused to look behind and stuffed my head into my arms with my legs curled up.

"Suuuggaaa! Stop being such a meanie!" she crawled behind me and tugged at my shoulders dragging me out of the tunnel to sit on the deck that connects the bridge and the slide. She turned my body to face her revealing her puffy eyes to me "It's not my fault that I'm leaving."

"I don't want you to leave," I muttered this into my sleeves until she pried my arms open. "Who's gonna play cards with me now?!"

She waved her arm at me causing the sleeve of her sweater which was way too big for her to brush my head "They're lots of boys who play pokemon," she whined at me.

"You're the only girl who plays. None of the boys talk to me" I pouted and backed up against the wall of the deck.

"That's because you don't talk!" she scrunched her nose. "Ahh. What am I going to do with you Suga?" she patted my head with her sleeve covered hand "Who's gonna call you that once I am gone anyways?" She had a smile on her face though you could still sense how upset she was by her dark eyes.

I furrowed my eyebrows and brushed her hand away from my head, fixing my hair "You're the only one allowed to call me that. You came up with the name anyways."

"And don't forget it!" she winked at me "Cause when I come back one day to marry you I'll still call you Suga. Then we can play allll the pokemon we want."

I gagged out loud sticking my tongue out, "Why would I marry you? You're too annoying."

She stuck her tongue out and scrunched her nose. She didn't know this but she was my first crush. She was the only one who could annoy me and make me smile at the same time. She always said I had a "gummy" smile, whatever that meant. She crawled and sat down next to me with her back against the deck wall. Her hair was getting long and she was getting prettier with every day passing, every day we grew older.

"I still don't understand why you're leaving," I scratched the back of my head still annoyed at this whole situation.

She sighed out loud leaning head against the wall, "Neither do I. I don't get adults. I'm gonna hate being one!"

"It'd be better if you were next to me for it," I crossed my arms and muttered under my breath.

"Suga," she turned her head towards me "be a good boy while I'm gone. Make other friends. Alright?" she spoke in a soft voice and still had a smile on her face.

I looked at her eyes but then turned away blushing, "Arasseo. Arasseo." Above us, the night sky had just appeared and the stars were fighting to get a look at the earth. I was fighting to keep my best friend by my side. They were winning while I was losing.

The sound of her dad cut the gloominess in the air, "Sweetheart! Time to go!"

She sighed letting out a visible mist of air, "Time to go..." she turned her head towards me. I stubbornly stayed looking forward but then I felt something against my cheek. She pecked me on my right cheek and stuffed something into my hand.