Chapter 15

Yoongi's POV

I started stuffing my clothes into my backpack knowing she wasn't going to budge. Heading to halmeoni's...

I could only imagine the looks on their faces when they were gonna see mee like this. For some reason, I felt guilty. The night this all happened I felt like a complete failure.

*Flashback*

"Please stop with the drinking. Why can't you think about the kids?" I heard yelling from the kitchen while I sat at my desk. It was just another fight I thought to myself. But that wasn't the case. Today was my parent's wedding anniversary though my dad didn't seem like he cared. I sank in my chair as my eyes listened to the echoes of their voices.

"Kids. Kids. Kids. You never seem to care about me huh?!"

"Look at yourself! You're a total drunkard and you don't even show up to your job most of the week," my mom was yelling through her tears. I heard the click of my bedroom door and turned to see Bora sliding herself through the doorframe wrapped in a blanket. Her eyes were scared and dark.

"Oppa," she murmured under her breath before closing the door. I turned my chair as she waddled her way towards me and I snatched her up in a hug. Being an eight-year-old, she was hard-headed and stubborn all the time but vulnerable whenever this happened.

"It's alright," I spoke softly and rubbed her back, "sleep here if you want." I gently released my grip to see her with a frown on her face.

"Come on," I got up from my chair and walked to the bed lifting her into it. As I tucked her in she shifted over to face me. She looked at me with her puppy eyes not saying a word.

I sighed and crawled on the bed next to her. I held onto her in my arms as the yelling got louder. She winced when the sound of a bottle breaking echoed in our ears. "Stay here," I said getting off the bed and rushing towards the kitchen to see my mom and dad separated by the kitchen island. In my dad's hand was a broken beer bottle.

"Yah. Put the bottle down," I yelled at my dad. He turned to me with fiery eyes and a scowl.

"Stay out of this Yoongi," my mom pleaded at me and waved her hand to shoe me away. But I refused to leave her alone with him. Before I knew it my hand was gripped onto his wrist and there was blood on my face.

"Stop!" my mom was yelling and trying to pull him off of me while he punched and pinned me down on the floor.

With every hit, my face became momentarily numb before a rush of pain and adrenaline engulfed me.

After the pain settled in my face I jerked up and threw my fist back at him. He went stumbling back groaning and yelling to himself. He stood up and wiped his lip noticing the blood my punch had caused him. He stumbled towards the door to the backyard and threw himself out.

"Yoongi," my mom brushed her hand over my cheek and sniffled through her tears. My heart was still beating rapidly knowing he might be back any second.
I heaved myself up and grabbed my mom's wrists, "You have to go to halmeoni's. This has gone on for too long."

I stormed off to my room and yanked Bora out of the bed by her arm. "What's going on?" she asked as we walked to the kitchen. I didn't say a word.

My mind was racing sick of this repeating pain. "Go to halmeoni's," I let go of Bora's arm and turned to my mom who was now breathing heavily and running her hands through her hair "I'll stay here and lock up the place. I'll meet you guys there."

My mom shook her head regaining her thoughts "N-No. Yoong-"

"I said go!" my voice echoed through the kitchen startling her. Her eyes drifted to the floor and back at me before grabbing my face and kissing me on the cheek.