Chapter 4

Mina's POV

"What is this place?"

My eyes wandered along the walls of the storage room. It was on the larger side for a storage room. Against the wall was a couch dressed with a couple of blankets. There were boxes stacked on top of each other in the corner. The windows allowed the sun to seep into the room making air golden yellow. "Me and my friends' hangout spot. None of the teachers know about this place," he said plopping himself on the couch lifting his feet so that he laid fully on the couch.

I plopped myself on the chair next to the couch observing him dozing off with his arm covering his eyes. He muttered out, "so what did you want to talk about?"

I pulled up my legs folding them to sit in the chair, "Since when did you become the bad boy? The Suga I knew in first grade never got into fights."

He flung his arm off his eyes and titled his head back making eye contact with me. He still had the same cute gummy smile I remembered. "I haven't heard that name in years," he gave a small laugh, "I only ever hear Yoongi now."

"Well, I'm the only whoever called you that," I shook my head, "stop diverting the subject. I never expected you to be a troublemaker. You're too soft."

He sighed flinging his arm back over his eyes, "it's easy to get annoyed with the world when you're me. And what do you mean I'm soft?!" he jerked himself to sit up and turned to me.

I hummed playing with my hair, "From what I've seen today... You seem to be this bad boy who doesn't care about anything but then you find a friend like me and you smile like an idiot. A soft little idiot" I grinned.

He scoffed, "And from what I've seen today you don't look like a dude anymore."

"Yah! It's not like my dad knew how to dress a girl. And my sweaters were comfy," I pouted and drifted my eyes away from him.

He leaned back and sunk into the couch, "That reminds me. How's your dad?"

"He's doing good. He got a new job so that's why we moved here. What about your parents?"

His eyes seemed to drift away and he began fiddling with his thumbs shrugging his shoulders in the process, "They've been better."

His comment bothered me and shook me to my core. I didn't know what questions to ask to figure out why he is the way he is but I think I just hit the jackpot. I tapped my fingers nervously against in armrest, "Sorry to hear that."

"It's alright," he breathed out, "But I don't want to talk about me. I want to talk about you. Since when did you become a girl?" he grinned giving me that stupid gummy smile.

"Yah. I've always been a girl," I whined crossing my arms.

"You look completely different. What happened to the Mina who always wore oversized sweaters and baseball hats and played pokémon with me? Now you're wearing skirts," he looked me up and down, "I'd never thought I'd see the day."

I stood up and walked over towards him before plopping down right next to him on the couch. We were really close. Our thighs and arms were practically brushing each other but I wanted to get a closer look at him. "I'm still the same Mina. I just wear skirts now," I said turning to him and grinning.