Chapter 19

Mina's POV

We had walked to a convenience store nearby after both of us noticed we were craving ramen. I was scouring the shelves for my favorite ramen and a soft boiled egg to go along with it. But when I finally found them I noticed a bowl of instant tteokbokki in the corner of my eye. Yoongi and I loved eating tteokbokki in his hideout sometimes.

After paying, I carried all the food to the little table in the back where he was opening his bowl of ramen. "What's that?" he asked me as I dropped all the packages on the counter. I grabbed the bowl of instant tteokbokki and the string cheese and waved them in his face, "my specialty." I winked at him and walked over to the microwaves.

My dad taught me the trick about convenience stores. Always find other ingredients in the store to make your meal even better. For tteokbokki, get string cheese, rip it up, and mix it in the bowl before putting it in the microwave. I walked back to the table with both bowls in my hand. His eyes lit up at the smell of the tteokbokki as I mixed it with my chopsticks.

"Eat up," I said sliding the bowl towards him. "Thank you," he hummed as we both reached in the bowl pulling out pieces that stretched out with the cheese. We both happily ate our ramen and tteokbokki in a comfortable silence until we were both done. I found it nice how we both could enjoy silence like this. I knew he always hated loud places. I could tolerate them but the silence was nice.

Yoongi stretched out his back while he sat in his seat yawning. I began stacking the bowls before looking at him, "Yah Yoongi. Do you want some fish ice cre-"

My sentence was cut off at the sound of the door opening and hitting the bell. We both turned our heads to the sounds of a man groaning drunk. Yoongi's eyes widened at the sound of the man murmuring something to himself. He shot me a concerned look before getting up and hurriedly throwing the trash away in the bin.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, my eyes following him as he scurried around. Then he grabbed my arm and pulled me up before whispering in my ear, "We have to go." He looked at me and I nodded as if we had just realized who was there.

He began guiding me towards the front of the store through the aisles carefully checking before we walked through. But the groaning only got louder with every move.

"Yah!"

We turned our backs to see what was Yoongi's dad I presumed leaning against the shelf panting. "Yoongi? Where have you been? Your old man misses you," he breathed out while his red eyes focused on us. Yoongi's arm guided me till I was standing behind him with my head poking out to the side to see what was going on.

"Leave us alone," Yoongi spoke calmly and slowly backed up before turning his head towards me. "Go tell the clerk to call the police."

"But-"

"Go," he spoke sternly and I ran away from him feeling guilty. I rushed to the counter only to see the clerk already on the phone. "Are you calling the police?" I asked breathlessly, heart pounding.

He nodded giving an assuring smile. But his smile was gone at the sound of a crash. "Yoongi," I muttered to myself and ran back to the aisle only to fill myself up with rage at the sight.

Yoongi was on the floor trapped under the inhumane strength of his dad whose blows hit him one after the other. Yoongi was able to give a couple of punches but not much. I frantically scoured to shelves to find a big heavy metal waterbottle and grabbed it before swinging it across the back of his dad's head.

He immediately knocked out and rolled over to his side letting Yoongi free. "Let's go!" I yelled yanking his arm up and guiding him out of the aisles.