Chapter 13

Mina's POV

Yoongi hasn't shown up for class for two days now. Though his disappearance didn't make much of a difference in class cause he always slept through it I still had an uneasy feeling in my stomach. Once the bell rang, Ji Ah and I got up from our seats and started walking out.

"So are we still going to the bakery?" Ji Ah asked me while we walked side by side in the hallway.

I breathed out "Can we go next week? I just have a lot of homework to do."

"Homework?" she squinted her eyes at me "Mina, it's Friday..."

"I know. I just have a lot of things to do this weekend," I assured her with a smile. "I'll see you later!" I started running down the hallway all past the students who were engrossed in their own little worlds. I didn't notice it then but Yeonjun was trying to say hi to me but I flew right past him on my way to Yoongi's house.

***

"Yoongi!" I kept knocking on his front door but no answer. I groaned at the thought of him ignoring me or possibly him moving away all of a sudden.

"Ugghh!" I ran my hands through my hair pacing back and forth till I looked at the glass pane of the window next to the door. "You're not getting away from me that easily Yoongi," I  began sneaking my way around the back of his house.

Once I got to his window, I knocked the crap out of it. "Yah Yoongi. Are you there?" I was talking to the curtained window in front of me. I pressed my ear against the glass hearing small groaning.

Has he been sleeping for two days straight or something?

I sighed scouring my eyes on the rim of the window looking for a way in. After grabbing the lip of the window, I opened it ever so slightly and then all the way. I smirked at my ingenuity and threw my backpack into his room.

"Yoongi, where have you," I finished heaving my leg over the window sill and dropped my back to the floor temporarily groaning in pain, "Ow-been?!" I sat up to find a big lump in his bed shifting away from me.

"Yoongi," I walked to his bed only to be given groans as a response. "Yoongi, what is going on with you?" I asked ripping away the sheets to find him in his shorts and a blue sweater. When I met his eyes, my heart dropped.

He had bruises all over his face, some on his neck, and a cut on his cheek. He was practically broken, all of him. He tried to ignore me but I gently grabbed his shoulders before he could turn away.

He shifted over so I could sit on the bed next to him. He was laying with his back facing me until I turned him over. It looked like he refused to sit up. Probably from the pain I thought. "What happened?" I asked brushing my fingers lightly over the bruise on his cheek.

"Dad," he muttered under his breath into the sleeves of his sweater. I moved my arms under him telling him to get up slowly.

Once he sat up still slouching, I eyed all the damage. His eyes were as dark as his bruises. Every time I brushed my finger over his cut he would flinch only making my heart drop even more.

"He did this to you?"

He slowly nodded. Pain shot through my entire body at the sight of my best friend broken like this. Not to mention the person who did it was his family. I felt like sobbing and pulling him closer never letting him go.

I needed to protect him.

"Where is he?" I asked softly.

"Who knows?" his eyes were still focused on the bedsheets and not on me.

"What about your mom and sister?"

"I told them to go to my grandma's house when the whole commotion started. I just haven't met up with them yet."

I started tearing up at the sound of his voice. It was lower and darker than usual even for him. I pulled him into a hug and carefully wrapped my arms around his neck. "Ow," he muttered into my shoulder.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm sorry," I pulled away to observe how much he flinched from pain.

"It's okay," he carefully rubbed the back of his neck with his palm. I frantically ran to the kitchen to grab bags of ice, water, and pain killers and placed them on the bed once I got back.

"Why don't you take off your sweater? There might be some hidden bruises" I said pouring out a couple of pain killers from the bottle. I froze once he threw his sweater on the bed.

Holy-

I didn't ever take notice but he was fit. Wearing a tank you could see his muscles and his broad shoulders. It took me by surprise.

Wrong time Mina...

I blinked my eyes out of my trance and gave him the pills. I placed the bag of ice on his collarbone while he drank his water gulping it down with every second. He seemed to flinch at the cold but he kept quiet about it.

"Yoongi, you have to take care of yourself. Okay?" I frowned at the sight of him. Broken down but solid as a rock on the outside.

He looked up with a solid face and placed his hand on top of my hand that was holding the ice, "Don't worry about me, Mina." We sat there in silence while his gaze got deeper with every second.

"Yoongi are you here?! Your mom has been calling me every-" Yeonjun slammed the front door open and walked into Yoongi's room startled to find me there.

He stared at me still holding the bag of ice on Yoongi's collarbone though his hand wasn't on top of mine anymore and darted his eyes back at Yoongi. "Yoongi. Why aren't you at halmeoni's?"

"You want me to halmeoni's looking like this?" Yoongi stared back at him.

I stood up trying to back myself out of the conversation, "Yoongi, I'm gonna go to the convenience store down the street to get you stuff for your-" I nudged my head wanting to avoid the fact that he was practically broken.

I grabbed my bag and started walking towards the door. "I-I'll go with you," Yeonjun stood in my way.

"Uh. Sure I guess," I turned to Yoongi, "You better stay here pabo." He just glared at me while I smirked back.