Chapter 5

Yoongi's POV

"Sit on the bed," I sighed walking into empty nurse's office. Being after school hours I knew no one would be here so I'd just have to take care of this clumsy girl myself. I scoured the shelf for the first aid kit before turning to find her fast asleep laying on her side on the bed. I walked up to her eyeing her up and down. Seeing her this quiet and peaceful was something I found odd.

I quietly pulled up a chair so I could sit next to her. I don't know what my mind was thinking when my hand went up and lightly stroked her head before brushing a piece of hair behind her ear.

What am I doing?

I pulled back my hand at the thought. I just reunited with her today and I'm already getting mushy. It was frustrating to think I was still so attached to her. She still acted so comfortably around me as if all these years apart didn't matter. Though, she did get prettier and smaller. Well, I had just finally gotten taller than her.

Pfft. I don't have feelings.

I repeated this in my head like a stuck record player. It was the truth but other than that I knew something was stirring inside me. I shook my head and got started on her knee. She thought she was always watching me but in retrospect, I was the one always taking care of this klutz. After I opened the kit, I took a cotton ball with some ointment and placed it on her knee. Without warning, I felt a bone hit my lip and my head flew back.

"Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow-- Oh my God Yoongi! I'm so sorry!" she woke up from her nap from the stinging of the ointment. Her back straightened up and her hands went up a grabbed my face, "I'm sorry! Are you okay?!" her eyes scanned my face before stopping at my lips. I could only imagine I looked like a fish.

She groaned scrunching her eyebrows, "Ah. Your lip is bleeding." She took her hands off my face and started digging through the first aid kit. I touched my lip that was now throbbing and saw the blood on my finger, "It's fine."

She whined, "No it's not," and suddenly I felt the cold touch of the ointment on my lip. Her lips morphed into a frown and her eyes drifted toward the floor, "Sorry..."

I muttered with the small cotton pad still on my lip, "Stop apologizing." She finally looked back up to meet my eyesight. She was pretty. She had big brown eyes like a puppy's. "It's fine Mina," my hand went up and landed on the top of her head, lightly patting her. I didn't know but a small smirk appeared on my face.

She groaned and threw her hands in her hair throwing herself back on the bed, "I'm such a klutz today. First I get soaked and end up being saved by a knight in shining armor, then some crazy chick puts a fake lizard in my bag, and now I've kneed you in the face. Ughhh."

"A knight in shining what?" I turned my head towards her with a cotton pad still on my lip. "Armor. He is probably the most perfect guy I've ever met," she sighed at the thought of him.

I winced at the frilly way she talked, "Who's the dude? Sounds like a total prick."

"His name's Yeonjun. He's in the same grade as us."

I slouched in my chair at the sound of his name, crossing my arms annoyed. That guy was everything I wasn't. Always had the grades, the looks, the charm, the family, the perfect life. Always had the girls running after him and now Mina too. Really, I had nothing against him. He'd always been helpful in my house, tutoring my sister and checking up on mom. And I had all the friends I ever needed and I didn't care about girls or grades. But the fact that he was my cousin, intertwined in my life just so I could unintentionally contrast him in everything was annoying.

"What's wrong with you grumpy pants?" Mina shot me a look still laying on the bed.

"That guy is my cousin."

"W-What? Really?" her jaw dropped. I just nodded back at her. "Daebak. He's really nice. Ya know today I got soaked cause I forgot my umbrella and my jacket. And then all of sudden he comes out of nowhere with an umbrella!" Her arms flung in the air with her eyes stuck on the ceiling, "It was just like a kdrama." She gasped and turned her eyes toward me, "Do you think it'll all end up like one? That'd be kinda cool."

I rolled my head back giving her a smirk and letting out a little laugh, "You watch too much tv."

She sighed out loud lifting up her arm and checking her watch, "That is true. Very tru- Oh my gosh. I need to get home and cook dinner. You know my dad still barely knows how to cook." She got up, dusted off her skirt, and ran off waving at me, "See ya Suga!"

***

The walk from my house to school was on the longer side but the peace and quiet I got during this time made it go by quickly. I got to the door of my house hesitant to open the door. One step inside it was either gonna be a hell hole or a blur of gray. I opened the door and dragged my feet in to see my mom in the kitchen.

"Hey, sweetie. Did you eat ye-" she turned to me away from the stove and paused, her eyes squinting on me. "Did you get in a fight today?"

My thumb pressed against my lip noticing the blood was dry but it still kinda hurt, "Ani. Not this time. I just... rammed myself into a wall."

She shook her head at me, "Aish. Eat and go to your room before dad comes home thinking you did. You know how he gets."

After grabbing the bowl of food I walked into my room before throwing my bag on the floor and my back on the bed. It was nice to see her after so many years. She was still fun and annoying even if she did change appearance-wise. Though I think the one who had changed the most was me.

"Yah! Didn't I tell you to pay that bill today?!" I heard my dad's voice echo in the kitchen through my closed door. I guess he'd come home drunk today too considering the fact that he asked that same question yesterday. I listened in making sure my mom was still talking to him. If it was just him screaming, that was my queue to intervene. But I could still hear her trying to calm my dad down actually getting somewhere this time.

I ignored them while I was sitting at my desk playing around with a new track blocking out the rest of the world with my headphones on. My eyes stared at the screen until something in the corner of my eye caught my attention. Under my stack of notebooks which had all my song ideas and lyrics in poked out a blue card. I grabbed it before realizing it was the Charizard card Mina had given me years ago. I'd always kept it for good luck. I guess the luck finally came today. With the piano ballad playing in my headphones I smiled. My stupid gummy smile.