Chapter 10

Mina's POV

"So you've practically talked to him every other day?" Ji Ah was sitting across from me in the cafeteria stuffing her mouth with rice and spicy pork belly. I nodded back at her all smiley while reaching for a piece of pork in her bowl.

Ever since the night with him in the closet I pretty much had a huge crush on him. The closet being the only thing I could remember, he was the highlight of the night. "Ya. Yeonjun tutors his sister. So after ambushing Yoongi in the hallway everyday I pretty much convinced him on working on the project with him at his house."

"Wow. That's nice of him."

"I told you. Sweetheart on the inside," I pointed my chopsticks at her, "Fun fact. He was my first kiss."

She started choking on her rice, "Daebak! Tell me you're not kidding."

"Well," I paused trying to recollect my thoughts, "Technically I kissed him on the cheek. I've never kissed a boy on the lips so it depends on how you look at it."

She shook her head at my pathetic excuse for a love life, "First grade Mina was such a player wasn't she?" Both of us broke out into laughter.

"It's nice you're still so close to him and you guys still care about each other, at least from what I've seen," she turned around towards the end of the cafeteria where he and his friends usually sat but this time they weren't there. I murmured through my chewing, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing," she shook her head, "You said you're seeing Yeonjun today right?" she turned back to me with a smirk on her face.

"Ya," I munched through my chewing, "how come?"

***

"What am I supposed to do with this?"

Ji Ah sighed throwing her hair back, "Okay. Let me just take care of this."

We were in the girl's locker room and I sat on the stool next to the vanity mirror facing Ji Ah who sat on the stool next to me. Her make up bag was open on the table spewing out all her blushes, highlighters, tubes of mascara, and shiny pink lip glosses. Some of the things I just didn't know what they were.

"I'm also doing your hair," Ji Ah was in the middle of adding powder to my face when my I raised my eyebrows.

"Isn't that going to be too much?" I was nervous at the idea of looking like a clown. My eyes wandered the walls of the locker room while I clicked the heels of my pink converse. They were the ones I had drawn red hearts all over.

Over the music Ji Ah was playing on her phone, I was texting Yoongi.

Me
I'll be late to your house. Just walk there without me.

Sleepyhead Suga
Want to get me tteokbokki on your way back?

Me
Fine.

Sleepyhead Suga
I'll grill meat when you get to the house.

Me
Yay :) But you better not eat all of it.

Sleepyhead Suga
Can't promise you anything...

Ji Ah didn't take notice of my giggling. "Ani," she shook her head assuring me "Trust me. I know what I'm doing. And I know you're not someone to wear make up a lot. I'm only making it look natural. You have natural beauty already. We just need to highlight it," she smiled at me before turning me around to face the mirror.

"Woah."

My eyelashes had gotten longer and my lips were shiny. There was barely any eyeshadow but the blush on my cheeks was noticeable. I honestly did feel a little more confident in my looks I gave myself a smirk. You couldn't tell I was wearing makeup unless you looked really close. A natural beauty.

"And now for the hair," she stood up to stand behind me and ran her hands through my hair getting stuck at some points.

"Don't you brush your hair?" I pouted at her comment and flinched in pain. She held the curling iron with her hand before she asked me a question, "So what do you like about Yeonjun?"

"Huh?"

"What do you like about him?" she widened her eyes at me. "Umm," I paused getting my thoughts together, "he's really kind and has the nicest smile. He's also very smart and caring..."

Ji Ah laughed at me. "W-What's wrong?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows while looking at her in the mirror.

"Nothing. You just sound... It sounds very cliche." My jaw dropped, "N-No it's not."

She let go of my strand of hair which was now slightly curled before looking at me in the mirror, "Mina you sound like all those girls in dramas swooning over some cookie-cutter stereotypical guy."

I gasped, "Says the one who has a perfect relationship with the gorgeous Cha Eunwoo."

"Mina," she grabbed another piece of my hair before wrapping it around the curler, "I'm in a relationship with Eunwoo because I love all the parts of him that he hates about himself. Love isn't this puffy pink cloud that you see in dramas. All I'm saying is to be careful."

I pondered on the thought of Yeonjun. I really did like him. He was sweet, caring, and helpful. But love verses a crush? "How do you know the difference?" I asked her. "Between what?" she asked.

"How do you know the difference between love and a meaningless crush?"

She hummed at my question, "All I know is love is something much deeper. Love is ya know. Being able to be yourself with that person and love that person for who they are. It's unconditional I guess. You love their imperfections as much as their virtues. Love is dropping everything to go after them when they're feeling down."

Her words were now written in my head in permanent ink. All the love lessons I ever got were from drama marathons. Now I was questioning what I was even feeling for him. Am I just overthinking this?

"All done," she smiled fluffing out my hair. My once straight hair was now voluminous with loose curls that framed my face. It framed my face perfectly and even looked natural as if Ji Ah hadn't done much, "Now go snatch him up."