Chapter 12

Mina's POV

"Why are you home so late?" Dad was sipping his cup of tea reading papers that were scattered all over the kitchen counter. He wasn't mad but intrigued by my tardiness.

I placed my bag in front of him on the counter, "I was finishing my project with Yoongi."

"Who's Yoongi?" he asked me as I poured myself a cup of tea.

"Dad," I laughed, "I was finishing my project with Suga."

"The Suga?" his eyes followed me sitting down on the still across from him.

"Yes dad," I blew on my tea, "Remember? I told you he's in my class."

"Oh ya that boy who carried you here that one time."

I widened my eyes at his words, "what did you say?" He sipped his tea and eyes me up and down, "that night you went to the party. I guess you were asleep and he carried you in here on his back and just left you on your bed. Very sweet of him to do that."

He- He what?

"Oh ya," I laughed lying through my teeth, "I remember that. Goodnight Appa." I kissed him on the cheek and went to my room dumbfounded by what he said.

*Flashback Dream*

Appa said I'd make friends but why isn't it happening?

I sat in the corner of the playground under the shade of the tree, hugging my knees to my chest. My crying settled down but my heart was still hurting while observing all the kids play tag with each other. But then the sounds of footsteps caught my attention. There was a boy standing in front of me with a small blue box in his hand. It was the quiet kid from class. He never talked and only ever sat at his desk doodling or shuffling through cards.

I just stared up at him as he stared down at me saying nothing. Emotionless he sat down in front of me and started pulling out his cards laying them in front of me.

"I'll teach you how to play," he muttered out still placing the cards in their right spots, "I don't have friends either." I looked up to meet his eyes. He gave a perky smile without showing his teeth.

"Promise we'll stay friends then?" I held out my pinky that poked out from the sleeve of my sweater.

"Promise."

I woke up groggy to the sound of my alarm beeping nonstop. I flung my arm towards my nightstand pressing all the buttons until it stopped. I breathed out opening my eyes to peek at the small picture frames on my desk.

A picture of mom dad and me at the park. Next to that was a small collage of polaroids. Old and new. But in the corner was past me and Yoongi. We were both sitting on a bench and he was holding a basketball while I was smiling a wide grin.

***

"So he just looked at you and said you looked nice?" Ji Ah and I were walking in the hallway on our way to our lockers. I nodded smiling. "Daebak! You've got his attention now! I bet he's gonna ask you out," she nudged me in the shoulder.

"I mean I hope so but-"

"No buts!" Ji Ah shook her finger at me. "When it happens, you're gonna say yes and you can go on a date and kiss under the stars like they did in Tempted."

I sighed, "I didn't even like that drama. I'm telling you While You Were Sleeping was so much better." I kept walking with a weird feeling in my stomach. Appa's words still were stuck in my head.

"What's wrong?" Ji Ah asked me with concerned eyes, "Isn't that what you wanted?"

I shook my head and snapped myself out of my thoughts, "Ya, of course, it i-" I stopped talking at the sight of him walking towards us.