Chapter 20

Yoongi's POV

I slowly woke up to find her in my arms, blissfully asleep. Her delicate eyelashes outlined the small curves of her eyes and her lips were a plump pink creating an urge in me to devour them. But what I found the cutest was her hair. It was a total mess, not gathered in a single flowing stroke but sprawled out like roots of a tree all over my arms and the pillows.

I couldn't believe the girl I loved the most was in my arms loving me back. When I was with her I forgot about all the weight on my shoulders that the world dropped on me. The only thing on my mind was how to keep her in my arms and never let her go. But then I realized I was hungry and I groaned at the thought of getting up.

I slowly shifted my arm from under her head and got up from the bed before heading to the kitchen. I managed what I could with what was in her fridge to make a breakfast bowl. I walked back into her room and saw that she was now awake, still tucked in bed, and scrolling on her phone.

"Morning sleepyhead," I said as I stood at the doorframe taking in the sight of her.

She tilted her head up, shifting herself up so that she sat against the headboard supported by pillows. "Morning," she smiled and ran her hands through her hair trying to tame it out.

As I sat on the bed I shifted closer to her and placed the bowl between us. "Hungry?" I asked noticing her eyes were as bright as the sunlight that bled through the blinds behind her.

She gasped at the sight of the bowl, "You made breakfast?" I nodded before she took the bowl and stuffed a spoonful in her mouth.

"Phis is stho goud," she muttered out. I couldn't help but smile at her goofiness and wrap my arm around her. She snuggled up right next to me, both of us with our legs tucked in the sheets.

She took a spoonful and lifted it up to my mouth. As was my natural instinct, I opened up and ate up smiling back at her.

"So Yoongi," she paused and laid the bowl on her lap, "are you okay? Ya know cause of what happened last night..."

She looked up at me with puppy eyes filled with concern. I sighed and rubbed her shoulder with my hand, "I'm okay Mina. Everything's getting better. He'll be gone soon and you," I shifted my face closer to hers taking in all of her, "you'll stay snuggled in my arms."

She scrunched her nose as her eyes curved in her smile. She pecked me on the lips before speaking, "Who knew my Suga would end up being my boyfriend?"

"Boyfriend?" I raised my eyebrow, "I like the sound of that." I smirked at her but in my head, I was lightly groaning at the thought of telling the boys. I knew how much teasing I was in for.

She shifted herself up before reaching in her drawer and pulling something out. Her eyebrows were furrowed at the small red envelope.

"What's that?" I asked as she ripped it open.

"I don't know," she spoke softly and pulled out a folded piece of paper before sprawling it open. Her eyes scoured the words of the page taking in every single one. She read quickly and carefully before putting her hand to her mouth.

"What's wrong?"

Her head slowly turned to me revealing her eyes that were bloodshot and tear-filled. Without saying a word she shot up from the bed and grabbed the picture frame on her nightstand. Her hands strangled it unapologetically as tears started to roll down her cheeks.

"Mina," I whispered shifting myself to sit closer to her. She ignored my words and ran out of the room after dropping the picture frame. The glass cracked after it crashed on the ground. It pained me to see her head corrupted by things I didn't know.

"Mina!" I yelled running after her. I found her in her dad's room on the floor next to a dresser. She was rummaging through each drawer one after another searching for something.

"Mina, what's wrong?!" I crouched down next to her and shook her shoulders. She shakily turned her head and handed me the letter before diving back into the drawers.

Dear Moonbin,

It's been a while hasn't it. When you told me you moved to Seoul, I was really shocked. You always said you hated the city. Even when Mina was born you made us live in the suburbs cause you thought the loud sounds weren't good for a newborn. How is she by the way? Why am I even asking? You never respond to these. Anyways, here's the payment for this year. I can't believe she's graduating. It'll all finally get used when she goes to college. I guess that also means this is the last letter of the series. It's been a ride Moonbin. I'm sorry for everything that happened in the past.

Farewell,
Park Nayeon

Holy shit.

Her mom's alive?

I looked up at Mina who was now standing searching the last drawer. Suddenly, her hands became flooded with colored envelopes. She dropped them to the floor and I watched them fall as if I was watching a colorful collage of lies flash before my eyes. She dropped to the floor on her knees sobbing, refusing to let tears be kept inside her eyes.

"It's okay Mina. We'll figure this out," I comforted her in a big hug and rubbed her back. I didn't know what to do in all honesty. What do you even say to someone who's thought their mom has been dead for their entire life only to realize it was all a lie?

"Mina," I cupped her cheeks and lifted her head before whipping her tears away with my thumbs, "follow me."