Chapter 9

Yoongi's POV

She smelled nice. Like cherry blossoms. The rest of the walk was nice. It seemed that she'd fallen asleep from how quiet it was. It was her habit to either talk in a nervous or excited fit or be quiet altogether. By the time we got to my house, no one was inside. My mom was working late tonight and my dad was somewhere I didn't care to think about. After managing to open all the doors with her on my back I trudged through my bedroom door before dropping her on my bed.

"MmmmMMhmm," she squirmed in her sleep while sprawled over my now messed up sheets. While she slowly began waking up, I loosened my tie so I could finally breathe.

"Wh-Where- Why am I on your bed?" she jerked her self up scanning the room from side to side.

"Morning sleepyhead," I let out a small chuckle before sitting on my swivel chair facing her.

"Anyways. We should get started," she grabbed her backpack off the floor before pulling out her notebook. "Ok. Mr. Kim said we could do the project on any of the-" suddenly her eyes were glued to my bed pillows.

"Oh my god!" she yelled with eyes wide open. I was too slow to grab it before she did. "Do you sleep with a-"

I waved my arms at her, "Don't say it!"

"A Pikachu plushie?!" she started smiling and laughing while holding the plushie in her hand.

I grabbed it quickly with a flushed face and threw it back towards the pillows, "N-No. It's decoration."

Her eyes curved along with her mouth, "Uhhhuhhh. Sure. And here I was thinking you were a Charizard person." She shook her head as she opened up her notebook. I couldn't believe she remembered that. I slightly shifted my eyes towards my desk eyeing the pokemon card that peeked out underneath my notebooks.

After working for about an hour, we decided we were both done for the day. She plopped herself on my bed and I turned to my computer. The fact that a girl was lying on my bed should have probably phased me but it was only Mina. It was a comfortable silence we sat in.

"Whatcha working on?" I heard her voice from behind me as she still laid there.

"Just some music stuff," I murmured to her while taking out one of my earbuds motioning to her with my hand, "Wanna hear?"

I saw her sit up and raise her eyebrows, "Really?" I nodded back at her giving her an assuring smile. I never really let anyone listen to what I was making other than the occasional times with the boys but I trusted her enough. She bent down next to put the earbud in her ear. Once I pressed play I saw her eyes shoot open. She looked at me smiling and back at the computer screen. She was humming to the chorus and to my surprise she had a pretty voice.

"Yoongi this is really good," she turned to me before taking the earbud out.

"Thanks."

Our conversation was cut short by the sound of shouting.

"Yoongi!"

Thinking it was my dad I shot up from my chair before realizing who was standing in the doorframe of my room.

"M-Mina?" Yeonjun's eyebrows were raised while resting on his arm, "What are you doing here?"

Mina seemed to freeze at the sight of him, "H-Hey Yeonjun. Uh. I was just hanging with Yoongi, working on a project."

Her voice got quieter and even maybe a little higher all while she brushed her hair behind her ear. "Ahh. I see. Yah Yoongi where's Bora?"

"I thought she told you she had that art class thingy."

"No. She did not," Yeonjun let out a small chuckle before turning to Mina, "so what's the project abou-" The buzzing of his phone interrupted him, "I'll be right back I have to go take this."

He turned away walking towards the door that led to outside. My eyes darted towards Mina who was now flushed pink rushing towards her bag digging through it. She pulled out something before dragging it on her lips and making a puckering sound.

"What are you doing?" I asked her with a tilted head and furrowed eyebrows.

She was flustered playing with her hands and fixing her hair, "Ji Ah told me to wear this. H-How do I look?" She turned to me. I didn't know anything about makeup but I did know that it made her lips look fuller defining her a smile a little more.

"You look the same," I said in a monotone a little annoyed of the situation that was playing before me.

She rolled her eyes at me, "You're not helping," she whined and furrowed her eyebrows, "This stuff is so sticky. Why do girls like this?" she questioned me.

I shrugged my shoulders before sitting back down in my chair, "Don't ask me."

Yeonjun came back from his phone call now standing in my room. "I'm back." Yeonjun began explaining to Mina how he tutored my sister every other day. I just sat at my computer in my own world while Mina ate up every word he spoke. And no I wasn't jealous. I convinced myself I wasn't. I just kept quiet.

After he said his goodbyes saying he'd come next time to tutor Bora, Mina fell back on my bed sighing. "Well, aren't you head over heels for Mr. Perfect over there?" I muttered out turning my head towards her.

"Nevermind that," she yanked herself up to sit up, "We still have a lot to do on the project. I think we should work on it here after school more often."

I turned around throwing a ball of crumpled paper at her head teasing with my words "Why? So you can just see him again?"

"N-No," she stuttered out with her eyes diverted in away from me "So that we can get a good grade on it. Duh."

"Uhhuhh. Sure. You're a great liar. Come whenever you want. Doesn't matter to me," I said trying to convince myself it was true.

She let out a yawn before grabbing her bag and walking towards the door, "I'm gonna go. See ya Suga!" she waved to me and turned towards the door. I returned to my own little world of music until once again that pokemon card that peeked out underneath my notebooks and caught my attention.