Chapter 16

Mina's POV

"Huh?"

"I said 'He seriously asked you out?'" Ji Ah and I were sitting on the bottom bleachers next to the basketball court. It was Phys Ed and during this I'd usually space out with Ji Ah rather than exercise which was something I never bothered to attempt. Heck, my stick arms would probably break at the attempt of one push up. But right now I was even more spaced out than usual.

The image of Yoongi hurt still flashed in my brain. My heart was racing and all I wanted to do drag him into my arms. It was a weird and new feeling I'd never felt before. It made me scared for reasons I didn't know.

"Mmhm," I answered hugging my knees to my chest. My eyes drifted to the basketball court and stayed on Yoongi. He and the rest of the boys in our class were playing basketball. His bruises had gone away and he was back at school. He was acting as if nothing had happened with his dad. He still slept in class and we still hung out to do the project but now we did it in his hideout. He'd moved out of his house and had been staying with his Halmeoni for a week or so now and everything had gotten better. At least I guessed it did.

Then my eyes drifted to Mr. Lee in his office eating a donut with his legs up on his desk.

Damnit. Now I want a donut.

Ji Ah squinted her eyes and poked her head forward "What's wrong?"

I turned my head back to her and snapped myself out of my thoughts, "Just," I stared at my shoes, "I guess I'm still worried about Yoongi."

Ji Ah sighed with dim eyes, "You care a lot about him don't you?"

"Huh?" I tilted my head to the side, "Well ya. He's like one of my best frien- Why are you asking this?"

She rolled her eyes sighing out, "Nevermind."

"Nooo," I whined shaking her arm, "tell meeee."

She ran her hands through her hair, "Ugh. You're so freaking clueless."

"Huh?"

"Nevermind!" her eyes widened out of annoyance, "You need to get ready for your date with Yeonjun. Where are you guys going? What are you gonna wear?"

"Mmm. I think we're going to watch a movie and I don't know. I might wear a dress or something."

"I'm going to your house tomorrow after school then. I need to work my magic. But Mina," she paused and came in closer whispering, "I'm gonna be honest. I don't have a good feeling about this. I just don't really see you being with Yeonjun."

I pouted at her words and pulled in my legs closer to my chest tucking my head into my knees. It was gonna be my first date. Why wouldn't it go well? It's Yeonjun. We'd have a good time and everything would be fine. But I stared off towards the court again thinking the same thing as Ji Ah.

I don't have a good feeling about this either.

Yoongi's POV

"I have no idea where he is," I said before shooting the basketball missing in the end, "but wherever he is he can go fuck himself."

Hoseok grabbed the ball off the rebound and ran his hand through his hair, "How's your mom doing?"

I flinched at the ball being passed straight to my chest catching it in time, "She's filing for divorce. Told him to stay away from her for the time being. My Halmeoni has been keeping an eye out for him."

"Why didn't you call us when you fought with your dad?" Jungkook spoke up while I shot the ball and missed it again.

I sighed before walking towards him, "I kinda passed out after it. It's not like I had the energy to."