New friends?

My dad helped me get out of the bath and he patched up my bleeding areas. He gave me some clothes and left the bathroom, so I could dress. I sighed and got dressed..I couldn't fight the fact at all. I was bound to break my dad's promise within 2 minutes or less. Hell, it'd be a new record if I broke it in 18 seconds. I walked out of the bathroom and into my room with my blue t-shirt and black shorts on. I flopped face first on the bed and groaned. My sister, who was reading, glanced at me with a skeptic look and went back to reading her book. I wanted to scream because my curiosity was eating away inside me about those humans. Were they really checking for my pulse? Were they going to kill me after they saw I was alive? Would they have cared for my bruises if my dad didn't come along? Could...could we have been friends if my dad hadn't come along..? There was a knock at our door. My sister set her book down and looked at the door and I lifted my head up to look at the door. "Jonathan..are you alright? You seem upset about something.." my dad asked. I put my face back onto my bed and sighed. He came in the room and sat on my bed, putting a hand on my back. "I'm..I'm just tired, is all.." I sighed. My dad always said I was special in my own way..but who would have thought that I would be special with water powers, huh? Yeah, that's right, water powers. I was born with water powers, funny am I right? I climbed into bed and my dad kissed me and my sister goodnight, turned off the light, and left the room. But, still, I couldn't stop thinking about those humans. Especially the one that touched my neck for a pulse..and a red one that I saw. Then, an idea popped into my head. I could sneak out to find them and maybe, just maybe, get to know them! Sure, my dad might not approve of this idea of mine, but it was my only chance to finally be free and see other people..instead of aging until death in a cabin in the middle of nowhere with no friends. I waited for a long time, just laying there and waiting for a sign for me to get up and out of this place. About 2 hours later, I could tell everyone was asleep, so I got up and started packing some clothes and other things I needed. I had no chance out the front door, my dad would hear me..so I opened a window and glanced back at my room and the room next to it. I wrote a small note, placed it on my bed, and climbed out of the window to my freedom, to my new life, to my new friends.

Dear daddy and sis,
I'm sorry to leave you like this..but I can't age older in a cabin without friends or any memories with friends. I wish I could make this easier to do, but this is my only chance..I promise I'll be safe and be happy, just like you both want me to be..!! Please, please, please understand that I didn't mean to hurt you by this.. Love, Jonathan.