Memories

I was running. I don't know where or what from, but all I knew is that I was running. I was in some sort of forest or woods, trees rushing past my sight as I ran, branches hitting my arms as I quickly brushed past them. My legs ached with weakness, but even if I tried to stop, it felt like I'd keep running. My lungs and throat burning from all the quick, sharp breaths of cold air I was taking in. I tripped over a tree root and fell face first onto the dirt and grass of the forest floor. My hands started to bleed a little from skinning them on the forest floor, my legs trembling with weakness mixed with the passion to get up and run again. I felt so tired. And the forest was completely darker than it had been.
"Jonathan."
"Get up."
"Keep going."
"Keep on running."
"You're almost there Jonathan."
"Delirious."
"Pick yourself up."
"Please keep running."
"Johnny-cakes."
"C'mon and get up."
"Rise up Jon."
"Run."
These whisperings voices overlapped one another as if they were in a group; talking amongst themselves. Some of the voices sounded like dad..some sounded like my sister. There were some that sounded like my friends, and some that sounded like..."HER". I wrapped my arms around my head as the voices became louder and more persistent than before. They sounded impatient, talking over one another and getting louder as they repeated. "G-Go away!!! What do you want from me?!" I yelled. They stopped. I opened my eyes and slowly removed my arms from my head, only for someone to grab my wrist tightly. Gasping sharply, I pulled away and fell backwards onto my back. The voices started up again. Repeating my name. Telling me to run. "WHO ARE YOU?! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!?" I yelled out into the darkness, hoping someone would hear. They got louder. "WHY ARE YOU HERE!?! DO I.....know..you...?" I was starting to yell, but I quieted my voice, my throat started to ache from screeching at the top of my lungs. A single warm, but quiet voice called out meekly, "Jonathan.....". I stood up, wiping off my hands. "Don't. Call. Me. Jonathan." I said, my voice cold and serious. The voice called out again, "Jonathan.....". Clutching my fists, I screamed, "MY NAME IS DELIRIOUS!!". A black water fountain like tentacle shot up from a crack in the ground, and slammed down right into front of me. I stared as a black demonic figure with black goopy tentacles rose from the ground and let out a loud petrifying shriek. I started running as fast as I could, never looking back at the creature. I came up upon a cliff, a complete dead end. I turned back around and faced the black demon creature again, it wasn't running anymore, it was staring at me from at least a yard away. It had too many red eyes to count all over it's body and it's tentacles seemed to be made out of some kind of tar like substance. It came closer, and I stepped backwards, right off the cliff. I woke up. I sat up from my bed. My window was letting in pure bright moonlight as the moon stood in the sky. I looked at the clock on my nightstand to check the time. It was 2:55 am. Flopping back down onto my bed, I grabbed the light brown teddy bear beside me and brought it close to my chest. I always liked teddy bears for a strange reason, they were always my favorite toy to play or sleep with when I was younger. I remember a certain moment where I didn't let my mom, dad, or sister wash or even touch my teddy bear. My dad said I didn't let anyone touch it for 8 months. Recalling the memory made me chuckle just a little, thinking about how childishly dumb that was. I don't really remember my mom that much, my dad doesn't like to talk about her unless telling stories with her in it. Sighing, I put my blanket over my head and tried to go back to sleep again.