Really?!

I looked at Basically and then at my dad as they looked at each other in silence. "So. Exactly how many people live here?" my dad asked. "Uh..lemme think..about a dozen and a half, I would think." I responded. I looked at the clock again. It read 6:47 AM. Man, time really does fly sometimes. My dad looked out our big window at the sky and saw the sun begin to rise over the horizon of the city. He sighed softly and I looked at him with worry and concern. "Jonathan." my dad blankly said. I turned my head back to him and looked at him with my masked face. "Yes dad..?" I quietly said. He suddenly pulled me into a hug and put his head against mine. I froze in place for a moment..then wrapped my arms around him and put my head into his shoulder softly. "If you are truly happy here..I will not stop you from staying." he said, making me widen my eyes under my mask. I felt tears well up in my eyes. "I...dad..a-are you sure..? You searched for me for more than f-four days..and all of that was for..n-nothing..?" I said, quivering in my dad's grip. "Of course Jonathan. Would...Would I ever lie to you..?" my dad spoke to me gently, his voice hitching a tiny bit as he told me that he would never lie to me. "Dad..I'm sorry for leaving you and sis like that..I really am. But..please know that..y-you'll always be in my heart and I'll a-always love you and sis..and mom." I said, feeling the wet, warm, teardrops run down my mask, collecting together at my chin, and then falling to the floor with a drip. He dad paused again, but for much longer than last time. After a bit. he just squeezed me harder and his breaths began to get heavy and they seemed to be more dry. "I love you too Jonathan.." my dad spoke, finally letting me go so we could face each other's faces once more. He was crying too and so was I..both of us standing, looking at each other, and letting tears run out of both of our eyes and down our "faces". "W-Well. I suppose I should get home to your sister now, before she begins to worry." my dad said softly, wiping the tears off of his face with the palm of his hand. "Y-Yeah..she always was kinda a worry bug." I sniffed. And with that, my dad turned his back to me and walked out the door..turning only his head back to me, wanting to say something, but he fell silent and never said anything..leaving out the door and back home. I felt like the scum of the Earth for some reason. He traveled probably hundreds of miles to find his son, that wrote a note and left them, and now he just tells me that I can stay if I'm happy here and then walks away. I feel like a 40 ton weight had been dropped on my chest from a ladder..my chest felt like it was collapsing in on itself. "Delirious..?" Basically softly said in a warm wway, without assault, without worry, without judgment..just warmly. I turned to him and shook my head. "Sorry..I just..really didn't expect that to h-happen." I said as I wiped away more tears off of my mask. Basically placed his hand onto my shoulder and stood beside me to just get the feel of my emotions at the time. "Yeah..should we..make breakfast or do you..y'know, need some space or time..?" Basically asked. "No..I think some breakfast could help me out a bit." I said, sitting down at a stool. Basically said he'd cook something while the others got up and at 'em. I really hope no one other than Basically finds out my actual dad was here and we both had a bawling convention together. And, no offense to my dad, he was always kinda a emotional guy. I suppose I got that part from him and my determined part from my mom.